author's note: rising from the grave

hi i am here

obviously i took quite the hiatus from this fic, first due to a hint of personal tragedy, then graduating college, then working and barely having any time to write for fun, yet remembering every now and then that this fic still exists here on the internet, still somehow being read after all this time (u guysss <3) and still unfinished.........

it's been just over 2 years since i started this story, and i honestly cannot believe that in the year 2020 people are still finding it and reading it and loving it and commenting and then sending me messages to see if i'm alive (lol) and that this story has now amassed over 800k reads. what?

so thank you. thank you thank you thank you for reading and re-reading and all of the sweet and funny comments. this afternoon i read through every single comment throughout this story and you all are so funny. thanks for sticking around through all of the protagonist's back and forth and all of the old writing i found myself cringing at (lol) and all of your comments which had me crying with laughter all this afternoon.

i guess the next order of business is where i go from here! i am committed to continuing this story, which is why i'm writing this little message to let you all know (whoever is still around lollll). and yes, i will be continuing this book instead of starting a new one - a little time jump never hurt, no?

obviously i will be going back to edit out a certain celeb character who has aged like milk bc we don't condone his actions or behavior! period <33 (and my apologies to those who have read this story since that news came to light - in no way do i want to associate with him and will always, always stand with survivors 100%, and do apologize if this upset anyone while reading.)

(also, i see you and hear you and agree, and will be changing marty's name. lol.)

this is so messy but i really just wanted to come on here and post, because i honestly would not be inspired to continue after this long if it were not for the overwhelming response from readers. you are all so sweet. thank you to those who sent me messages or have written on my profile to check in on me.

this has truly been a year sent straight from hell's 9th circle and i am sending my thoughts and love and light to all of you.

i can't give you a certain timeframe, but you can expect new chapters within the upcoming weeks.

i am back. i love all of you to pieces. thank you.

love, author