twenty-one | ❝the bitchy mermaid❞

"y/n was trying to kill me like 15 minutes ago but then she just disappeared? i wanted to tell her something before i dived into this deadly fish tank but i guess i'll just fucking die lol."

harry walked backwards towards the black lake in obvious agitation, a bumbling neville failing to ease his stress over the second task and his missing friend.

"you seem a little tense, harry?"

the potter boy turned to neville in faux disbelief.

"do i? do i, neville? schlongbottom lookin ass-"

"welcome to the second task! last night, someone thing was stolen from our four champions - a treasure of sorts... these four treasures, one for each champion, now lay at the bottom of the black lake..."

the booming voice of dumbledore disappeared into the back of harry's mind as neville's gillyweed was forced into his mouth by mad eye moody.

"dAmn?? you're just mad because you've always got to keep an eye out for sele-"

the crazy professor rolled his eye and pushed harry into the lake before he could finish.

students peered over the edge, the darkness of the water making it hard to see if the four champions were dead or alive.

neville panicked seeing no sign of potter, his hands clinging to his dark hair in fright.

"i've killed harry potter!"

immediately after, harry's form flipped out of the water and back into the lake, his hands and feet replaced with webs and flippers.

dean turned to neville with a smirk, "he's a bad bitch, you can't kill him."

whilst the boys teased neville on the surface, harry raced to the bottom of the lake to see what kinda bullshit was pulled for the second task.

he wondered what the treasure could be; nothing in his life was that valuable if he thought about it object wise. maybe his firebolt? oh crap, there was his invisibility cloak but they wouldn't... would they?

harry descended deeper into the lake, past the creepily approaching merpeople and the tangling reeds.

the treasure was finally in front of him and harry was not expecting to see what he saw.

in a rage, he swam back up to the surface, the crowd seeing him emerge with a murderous glint in his eye.

"dumbledore, why the fuck is y/n tied up underwater surrounded by ugly ass mermaids!?!"

the headmaster sighed, his wrinkled hand rubbing his eyes as professor mcgonagall rubbed the man's back supportingly.

she chuckled quietly, "i told you he would react this way."

"are you dumb!?" harry continued, "i won't hesitate to beat your crusty a-"

"harry, the quicker you save her, the less danger she'll be in," dumbledore said, stroking his beard wisely.

the young wizard paused and then nodded.

"y-yeah... but you should know that she's gonna murder you when she's out."

and with that, harry was back underwater.

"can you mermaids like piss off or something? poundland budget little mermaid asf- OHMYGODIWASJOKING!1!1"

harry clutched onto your sleeping form as the herd of merpeople scratched at him to keep you underwater.

the potter boy was getting pissed real fast, the effects of the gillyweed wearing away mixed with the need to keep you and fleur's sister safe stressing him the fuck out.

in a quick second decision, he let the two of you go, so he could handle the fish demons alone. harry struggled for his wand in the swarming mess, his hands barely reaching it in the fight.

it was a weird sensation - as soon as your body reached the surface, your eyes shot open and your body went into fight or flight mode.

"how the hell did i get here? ... oh shit, there's a child!"

you swam towards the almost drowning girl and helped her get back to the platform safely.

fleur and hermione pulled the two of you out of the freezing water, granger's arms wrapping around your soaked form as she desperately plastered kisses on your forehead.

fleur immediately did the same, whispering the words 'thank you' with an exhausted smile.

"n-no p-problem ahahahaa," you stuttered, "w- where is uhm... where's harold?"

as soon as the question left your lips, the muffled shout 'ascendio' was heard by all.

harry shot out of the water like a jet and landed on top of you with an 'oomph' - the same way he did on the night of the yule ball.

you laughed in relief, your hands brushing the wet strands of hair out of his face with a smile.

harry smirked tiredly as he looked down at you, his eyebrows jokingly wiggling up and down.

"i saved your life," he whispered, "i think i deserve a lil reward for that."

you rolled your eyes and kissed his forehead, your hands still resting on his face as his eyes glanced downwards for a second before looking into your eyes.

"you mi-"

to shut harry up, you pressed your lips onto his, harry's arms immediately wrapping around your soaked form as the crowd cheered and whistled excitedly.

ron broke through the crowd with his hand on his heart.

"FUCKING FINALLY!"

the two of you broke apart as hermione elbowed ron in the stomach with a laugh.