❝40k special❞

summary — harry asks you to meet him in hagrid's hut, neville is a just dance champion & you spend a night watching mean girls with the people you love <3 (how cute)
warnings — i say cult twice, my writing purrrr

"is this a cult? i feel like this is a cult-"

when harry asked you to meet him in hagrid's hut, you were expecting it to just be the two of you or at least just the golden trio. what you weren't expecting to see was-

"a sleepover, bitch. we're having a sleepover," draco explained matter of factly.

"the task starts in like 4 hours though-"

"we'll come back, duh," padma grinned.

she sat on the floor squished in between draco and padma, their uniforms replaced by house coloured pyjamas and laps covered by a pink fluffy blanket.

the material had an emerald 'm' sewed into the corner - you laughed. draco threw a pillow at you.

dean snorted, "girl don't do it, it's not worth it."

before you could throw the pillow back, you were pulled away from the gossip trio and taken to the other other side of the crowded hut.

"harry, what is... this?" you asked, "is this some party for your upcoming death or-"

"stop trying to manifest it, y/n."

"sorry, herman," you whispered, "how is ron already asleep?"

"we were playing just dance and he lost, terribly," neville smiled, "i finally fucking won at something."

harry pulled you down into the small space on the cushioned floor beside him and rested his head on your shoulder.

"schlongbottom- ow! sorry herman... i meant neville, beat everyone here in 'hit me baby one more time' and he just said a naughty word so," harry yawned, "maybe i am finna die lol, this is too good to be true."

you rolled your eyes and pulled out your wand. with the small flick of your wrist and the whisper of 'multicorfors' , your school attire morphed into your night clothes.

seamus and parvati, who sat sleepily opposite you, slow clapped in response to your magic.

"i'll tell you what sherlock holmes," seamus said, "you are unbelievable."

"period," parvati whispered half asleep, "you and harry look cute all snuggled up and shit."

you froze and turned to the boy beside you who eyes you with a shit eating grin. for once in your life, instead of reacting with violence, you allowed yourself to be cuddled by harry.

draco, dean, and padma cheered and giggled foolishly as they chugged cans of giggling water.

"you know- hiccup- when you and harry become an official thing, it's gonna like- like change everyone's life, you know?" padma rambled, "like you guys will run the school and i can't wait!"

dean nodded, "they already do to be honest."

"unfortunately," draco 'agreed', "y/n is the cady to my regina."

neville looked back and forth between you and draco confused.

"cady and regina? ...who are they?- ow! hermioneeeeee."

everyone turned to face granger in shock as the pillow fell to the ground, another still clutched in her fist.

she sighed and dusted of her white pyjamas with a small smile.

"we're watching mean girls tonight."

"... four for you glen coco, you go glen coco!"

"y/n, shush! i'm tryna watch the moovieee," seamus whispered as he and neville cuddled together by your feet.

the group placed yourselves on or around hagrid's wooden bench, the movie projected out of hermione's wand as you all watched and laughed.

ron had woken up as soon as the name 'cady' was mentioned, his so called 'iconic ginger sense' awakening him.

he sat beside hermione, the two of them squished between the gossip trio and parvati.

"you weren't complaining when draco recited 'on wednesday's we wear pink-"

"y/n, shut up," harry chucked into your shoulder, "i'm trying to get some rest but your loud ass voice is annoying."

"sorry babe," you whispered insincerely. you kissed his temple and turned your head back to the movie. "go to sleep, dumbass. i don't want you to die later or whatever..." you whispered.

harry lifted his head and turned to you, no witty remark leaving his system. you could feel his eyes on you but you kept your gaze glued to the sight of the jingle bell rock dance.

he couldn't tell if he loved you or the iconic scene more.