•𝗗𝗼 𝗜𝘁 𝗔𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻•

•☘️•

Nikki's POV, August 1988

We were actually recording, finally.

Fuck yeah!

I'm not going to go into too much detail, there's another time for that but I'll tell you that it was actually all going well, for once- we'd had no arguments so far which has not only surprised ourselves but also Doc and Doug too.

We were just having a blast recording and actually being fully aware of sounds and lyrics without having our minds clouded with drugs and alcohol. You actually forget how good music sounds when your intoxicated all the time but being sober you can actually focus on it. It's amazing.

Today, Vince had done some pretty flawless vocals for a song I'd written about 3 weeks ago now- it was called 'Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)' I was rather proud of it, as I was with all the songs I'd written since getting out of rehab.

Every song on this album was going to mean something, some of it was plainly staring you in the face other songs had hidden meanings which people may not get immediately or ever for that matter but as long as Tommy and I knew then it didn't really matter.

We actually managed to finish 'Don't Go Away Mad' which was a pleasant surprise because I thought we wouldn't have been able to do it but we did- thank god.

It's a weird feeling actually being on schedule- well, ahead of schedule actually seems as we never have been before to this extent anyway.

River during the session stuck with whoever wasn't recording, for the songs we'd done today we'd each recorded our bits separately- mainly Vince and Mick because they'd managed to get a few riffs and melodies done with Tommy and I were in New York.

She'd spent time with each of us though today and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen her smile as much as she has done today.

Overall we were in the studio from 10:00am to 8:00pm, not all of that was working half of it was just mindless chatting but still it was a long ass day and we were all pretty whacked so when we finally called it a day Tommy drove us back to the house, when we arrived he took River out the back seat and threw me the door keys which I surprisingly caught and unlocked the door without incident.

For a moment once I got in I thought about cooking food but then thought against it because Vince had brought us all pizza earlier, it'd hold us over until tomorrow morning but the one thing I did need to feed was River.

Carefully I took her from Tommy as he went upstairs, I headed into the kitchen placing her down in her chair at the table before making River up some milk- I was way too tired to give her actual food, I'll give her some proper food tomorrow morning for breakfast.

As I finished making up a bottle for her she called out "Daddy!"

I turned to her and smiled "What do you want, sweetheart?"

"Hug" she whines grabbing her hands in my direction, so I went over to her and lifted her up in both my arms holding her securely against the left side of my chest, her arms went as far around my neck as they could "Wuv you" she said quietly into my collarbone.