Chapter 15

buckle up besties, this is a long one I TOLD Y'ALL THIS BIG ASS TIME SKIP WAS COMING for anybody who either doesn't remember the month or doesn't want to do the calcumulations in their head, it's november now

CAMILLA'S P.O.V

~5 months later~

"Morning, Camilla," Mr. Stone said as I entered his office, setting his coffee down.

"Good morning."

He flipped his laptop around to show me the screen. "Is this grammatically correct?"

I read over it, deleting a couple of misused commas. "Yep."

"Great. Can you take this down to Lisa?" He held out a manilla file folder. This got passed back and forth multiple times a day. I brought it down and the girl that I ran into in the elevator, Jackson, brought it back up. So, my dreams of never seeing her again did not come true. I got into the elevator and clicked the button for the third floor. I didn't know exactly what Lisa did. She had the desk of a secretary so maybe that was it. I had absolutely no idea what was in those folders. I switched the hand that the file folder was in and all of the papers slipped out, flying all over the elevator. I quickly started picking them up but not before the door opened and Jackson stepped in.

"Why? Why do I always find you in such compromising situations?"

"There is no compromising situation. Look away and shut up."

"As long as I don't have to help." She smiled, leaning against the wall and watching me.

"If you're gonna sit there and just fucking stare at me then you can help." I rolled my eyes, stuffing some of the papers back into the folder.

She crouched down and started picking the paper up. "Whoa. You better watch that potty language in the building. Save it for the streets." She handed me the rest of the papers and we both stood back up.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes.

"Calm down." She laughed. "You know those are literally just notes that they pass back and forth. It's nothing important. Look." She opened it up and flipped through all of the papers before pulling one out and setting it on top. "There's the one they're writing on right now. Don't worry about it, buuuut now you have to go back down." She clicked the button for the top floor and snickered, stepping out of the elevator.

"Oh, goddamnit!" I clicked the button for the third floor. I hated her. She was so annoying. I didn't understand why she couldn't just leave me alone. I waited for the elevator to get back to the right floor before getting out. Setting the folder on Lisa's desk, I take one of the pieces of strawberry hard candy out of the small bowl.

"Thank you." She turned her chair around and picked the folder up.

"You're welcome." I turned around and went back upstairs.

"That sure took a minute," Mr.
Stone said as I entered his office.

I scoffed. "Jackson sent me to the top floor."

He chuckled quietly, shaking his head. "You better watch out."

"Huh?"