Chapter 20

BILLIE'S P.O.V

I flipped the promise ring around in my hand as I thought. Obviously, I had to do something. I was gonna get her back now that I knew she still thought about me. I just needed to figure out how to pursue the situation. I didn't know if Erika had deleted the pictures yet. I didn't know exactly what to say to Camilla. Everybody was pissed at me for driving her away.

That shit sucked but I didn't have time to cry anymore.

I didn't have time to be laying there. I needed to be doing something. I had to stop letting my mind wander. "Okay." I stood up and tossed the ring up in the air and caught it as I paced back and forth. I needed to talk to Erika and inconspicuously ask about the pictures. Then, I had to get rid of her. And lastly, I needed to unblock Camilla like she said.

I let out a long breath. There was not too much to do.

I picked up my phone and called Erika. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Wanna come over? My window's unlocked." I laughed.

"Yeah. I don't know. Are your parents home?"

"I mean... yeah. They live here too."

"Hm." She clicked her tongue. "Come to my house."

Perfect.

"Okay. Send me your address."

"Alright. Bye. Be safe. Love you."

"Love you too." No, I didn't. I ended the call and grabbed my keys before making my way out to my car. My phone dinged, signaling that somebody texted me. It was Erika. She sent me her address. Great. I put it in my GPS and drove to her house. It was a nice place. It was big for only one person.

I got out of my car and knocked on her door. "Hey, babe," she said as she opened the door and kissed me.

I forced a smile. "Hey."

She moved aside and I stepped into the house, looking around. It was nice on the inside too.

"Hold on. I'll be back. I just need to grab something out of the garage, okay?"

I nodded and stuffed my hands into my pockets as I watched her open the door to the garage. Holy hell. There were a bunch of tools and what looked like a gun safe. I took a few steps back so I could see a little more. There was a target of a person on the wall with multiple shots on it. Why did she have guns?

She came back in and shut the door. What if she had one on her? Was she planning on hurting me? What was she gonna do when I broke up with her?

"Anyways... have you eaten dinner yet?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. Make yourself at home. I'm gonna go take a shower real quick."

I nodded and then watched her disappear around the corner. I waited until I heard the shower turn on to start exploring. I opened every door I come across. There was nothing weird there. Just bedrooms and bathrooms. I got up the stairs and looked around. It was the same. Bedrooms and bathrooms.

I went back downstairs and glanced around suspiciously before opening the closet under the stairs. There was just a bunch of jackets in there. I moved them around a little before noticing a door on the ground. I pulled it open to see a staircase going down. Oh shit. That was for another day. I closed it and stood back up, shutting the closet door.

I sat down at the kitchen table and sighed. The entire time I'd been telling myself that I didn't want to drag Camilla into it, but she was the only person I knew that could help me. She got into some suspicious stuff when she was younger. She knew how to pick locks. She knew how to shoot a gun. She could fight and she was hella strong.

Erika walked into the kitchen with a towel on her head. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. "You know, Erika, I'm really just tired. I don't know why I even asked to come over. I just missed you, I guess. I have an interview tomorrow and I really need to go to bed."

"That's okay. You can go home if you want."

"Thank you." I stood up and hugged her. "Hey... did you ever get rid of those pictures like I asked?"

She nodded. "Yes. They're gone."

I smiled and kissed her. "Thank you. I'll come back tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay."

-

I sighed as I started pacing again. There was no way around it. I needed Camilla back. As soon as possible. By the next day, if possible. I needed her to come to Erika's house with me. My finger hovered over the "unblock caller" option as I procrastinated. The worst she could do was say no. Right? But no honestly hurt my feelings so I hoped she didn't.

I sighed. I needed to stop. It needed to be done. I unblocked her and hit the call button.