Chapter 31

CAMILLA'S P.O.V

I walked into Mr. Stone's office and raised my eyebrows surprisedly as I noticed Jackson leaning over his desk talking to him.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Camilla," Jackson said snottily, rolling her eyes as she glanced out the window at Billie's car making its way out of the parking lot.

"Well, Jackson, seeing as how I'm ten minutes early, I don't see where the problem is." I smiled mockingly.

"The problem is—"

"I think that's enough now," Mr. Stone said.

"I agree." I crossed my arms and Jackson walked out. "What is Jackson doing here?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. She got transferred. I don't know why. We don't really need her here and it looks like her presence might turn out to be a little problematic."

-

"Wait," Jackson yelled as I walked outside. "Hold on."

"What," I asked, not stopping or looking back.

"Come over. Have dinner with me."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Jackson!" I turned around. "I don't know what part of I have a girlfriend you don't understand."

"Well, I have a girlfriend too." She crossed her arms and I looked at her skeptically.

"Well then... what..." I scoffed. "Why are you inviting me to dinner then?"

"I'd dump her for you."

"Well, I'm sorry that I can't say the same, Jackson. And frankly, I can't say that I'd want to be with somebody who might go off and do stuff like this with other women." I glanced towards Billie's car as it pulled into the parking lot.

"Well—I—obviously, I wouldn't do it to you."

"You won't have a chance to, Jackson." I opened the door to the car.

"Wh—Camilla. Who is this?"

"My girlfriend." I shook my head and got in, shutting the door.

"Who was that?" Billie looked out the window at Jackson. "Is everything cool?"

"Yeah. She's just..." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Flirty?" Billie grimaced before driving off.

"Pretty much."

"Funny. I didn't see a Billie shaped bruise on her face."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "I can't punch her, Billie. I'd probably get fired."

"Right... Right. But if you wouldn't get fired, you'd punch her?"

"If it would make you happy, Billie," I replied, pulling out my phone.

-

I combed my fingers through Billie's hair, not really knowing if she was still awake or not. She'd been being kind of salty and I think it was because of Jackson.

Billie was a lot different although it didn't really seem like it. She didn't really act that much differently but it was kind of in the way that she carried herself. She wasn't as confident as she used to be. She flinched more. It seems like she got tics worse than she used to. I'd noticed in the past few days that she apologized a lot even when she had no reason to. She was a lot skinnier than she was before I left, and it made me sad because I knew why. She was obviously a lot more insecure. Although she wasn't, she seemed to be much smaller just because she acted much smaller. She was a lot more gentle.

I was just glad that she still acted like herself for the most part.

She readjusted in my lap and I moved her hair out of her face, kissing her cheek. She smiled and turned her head, kissing my hand but not opening her eyes.

"I have to say, you're a little bony." She reached her arms out above her head, stretching, and I took the opportunity to grab her waist and tickle her. She shrieked, curling up into a ball, and rolling out of my lap. "Don't do that."

"Don't do that," I mocked with a stupid face.

She turned her head towards me, her beautiful blue eyes piercing into mine as a smile creeped onto her face.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I laughed as I looked at her uneven eyebrows sticking up. "But I hate your eyebrows. Let me fix that for you." I licked my thumb obnoxiously and brought it towards her face just to mess with her.

She quickly got off of the bed, a disgusted look on her face. "Stop! Only my mom can do that."

"Ew! You still let your mom do that to you?"

"No. I never let her do that. It's a form of abuse and it is serious, Camilla."

"I just don't understand why you won't just let me fix your eyebrow." I crossed my arms. I didn't actually plan on doing it because I wouldn't want her to do it to me but I liked fucking with her. It's funny.

"That would practically be you licking my eyebrow, dude."

"Sooo... what? My tongue can go in your mouth but not on your eyebrow?"

She laughed and grabbed my arms, pushing me onto the bed. "Stooop."

"No. Let's talk about this, Billie."

"You think you're funny and you're not." She shook her head.

"I don't think any of this is funny at all." I bit the inside of my cheek, trying not to smile.

"I can see you trying not to laugh. You're not funny."

"I'm fucking hilarious. I don't know what you mean."

-

I opened the door to Billie's room and stopped in my tracks as I noticed her on the bed with the head of her ukulele in her mouth. "The fuck are you doing, dude?"

She pulled the ukulele out of her mouth. "I was making a TikTok, Camilla. What else would I be doing?"

"A TikTok?" I raised my eyebrows, laughing skeptically.

"Yep. Coochiedestroyer5. Go follow me."

I stared at her for a minute, not being able to tell whether she was serious or not. She never failed to find some way to leave me at a loss for words. I took a step back, shutting the door. I decided to tend to that later.