Chapter 10

The team made up of six sidekicks made their way into the abandoned warehouse where the trace had led them. They looked around at the worn down building, holes in the wall and floor, dirt and grim in every corner, and a musty odor that made some of them gag. 

"Quite the place to set up when deciding to hack Batman," Artemis remarked.

"Something tells me that he wouldn't have gone to some five star hotel to do the hack," Robin responded. 

"Split up in pairs of two," Kaldur ordered. "Search the place, if you find anything or anyone, call through the mind link."

Everyone agreed and split off into pairs; Kid Flash and Aqualad, Artemis and Robin, and Superboy and Ms Martian. They split off into different directions searching for anything out of the ordinary. For the most part, they didn't find much, but that was until Robin made his discovery, a laptop hidden behind a large crate.

"Artemis," He called out in a whisper. "Come look at this."

Artemis walked over to the Boy Wonder and looked at the laptop that was now in Robin's possession, "A laptop?"

"Yes," he said as he opened it, seeing it was still on. His eyes quickly scanned over what was still running on the computer, "You see all this? These are all lines of code, code from Mount Justice. This is the computer he used to hack us. But why leave all this open? Why not destroy the laptop or delete all history of this existing?"

Artemis scrunched her eyebrows as she came to realization, "Wait, think about it, this guy has been really confident and kept his tracks covered for a long time now. But now, all of a sudden, he's sloppy enough to leave the computer he hacked us with just lying around? Doesn't make sense."

"What are you getting at?" Robin asked, but understanding completely.

"When he hacked us, he said he'd be long gone by the time we got here, but he leaves his computer for us to find and possibly trace back to him. No, I don't think so, I think he wanted us to come here and find his computer because-"

Artemis was cut off by a bullet whizzing by them and into the screen of the computer, causing it to fall out of Robin's grasp. The two spun around, weapons at the ready, but seeing no one where ever they looked.

"M'gann! Get everyone linked up now!" Robin yelled in his head. "We need to leave, Punisher is still here!"

M'gann gasped at the revelation and set up a link, "Aqualad we need to get out of here," Robin repeated. "Punisher is still here!"

"Everyone out now," Aqualad ordered.

As he was about to run out, he was halted by a groan of pain and the sound of someone hitting the floor. He slowly turned around to see a person dressed in all black armor with a black mask on. A white skull stood on the chest plate of his armor which caused Aqualad to feel somewhat intimidated. He was standing over Kid Flash who was unconscious on the ground.

"Hi there," He said, raising his gun so it was pointing at Aqualad. "Nice night we're having, huh?"