Chapter 14

"So, you want my help hacking into a company that has ties to some extremely dangerous people, not to mention the CEO is one of the most powerful men in the world AND their software is one of the most advanced and nearly impossible to break into. I'm starting to agree with the people that call you insane."

Punisher sighed as he listened to the blonde go on and on when he had just asked one simple question, "Can you do it or not?"

"Can I do it," She scoffed, sitting down behind a desk, "Of course I can do it, but should I do it is the question."

"Please," He asked, walking closer to the desk. "I need to know where these guys are and you're the only one I can trust who can get the job done."

"You do know I have a connection to the Green Arrow right? We might not be close anymore and we haven't talked in a few year but I still have his number!" The blonde declared as she stared into his eyes through her glasses, she gave him a swift glare before groaning, "Finnnnne, I'll do it. But you owe me! Geez, I better not end up dead or in prison for helping you out. You may be my nephew but I'm not ready for 'Breaking News: Woman Found Dead in Alley Because She Helped the Punisher.' That is not how I'm going to get on the news."

"I'll keep you safe Aunt Felicity," Frank smiled, leaning over and giving her a kiss on the head. "And thank you."

"Yeah yeah, get that sappiness out of here, I will leak it to the internet, now move and let me work," She grumbled and started viciously typing on her computer.

Felicity Smoke, one of the best hackers in the world, and Frank Castle's aunt. He first met her when the Castles adopted him and the two got along pretty quickly. She even had a relationship with Green Arrow/Oliver Queen before eventually deciding to end the relationship with him. She's an excellent hacker and can hack pretty much anyone, that's why Frank needed her help, even though he doesn't like asking because it can put her in harms way.

"Damn, this is very complicated," Felicity mumbled.

"Too difficult for you?" Frank asked, leaning on one of the pillars in the basement Felicity stayed in for hacking purposes.

"Who do you think I am?" She scoffed. "I'm just being careful and trying very hard not to get noticed. So sneaking in through the backends of, well, everything is harder than walking in though the front door. Even the smallest misstep could alert the server that it's being hacked so I'm trying to disguise my program as just information waiting to get circulated."

"Yes, I get it, you're very smart," Frank rolled his eyes.

"Damn right," she said typing furiously a bit more before letting out a cry of triumph. "Ha! I'm in! Felicity Smoke 1, Lex Luthor's seemingly unhackable company, 0."

Frank snorted and smirked in laughter, shaking his head as he walked over to her, looking at the computer, "Ok so he obviously won't have any of his more shady transactions in easy to open files, so they must be buried right? Hidden in plan sight but only people that know what they're looking for will be able to see it."

"Then let's check out his finances," Felicity agreed, pulling up some records. "He can hide his purchases with different names, fancy programing, and even delete them, but he can't erase them from existence."

The two scanned over the records, looking for anything out of the ordinary, "Let's see, Lexcorp profits, farms, small businesses, big business, weapons, geez what doesn't this guy do, share holdings, fuel, offshore investments, transportation-"

"Wait, go back to that one," Frank stopped her.

"Transportation?"

"No, offshore investments," Frank informed. "If Lex is working with Raz and possibly others that are outside the country, there's a good chance we could find his other associates."

"Ok, but you do understand Lex has legitimate businesses out of the count- Ok yeah I found what we're looking for," Felicity cut herself off.

"What is it?" Frank asked.

"You see this?" She asked, pointing to some of the numbers. "These say that Lex is investing good money into a small organization that studies flora and fauna on exotic islands."

"So?"

"SO, organizations like these aren't ever small, especially this small, they'd have some sort of tag linking them to a bigger scientific reserve. Take S.T.A.R. Labs, they have doesn't of small research teams but they all send their information back to them. Besides, according to this, Luthor is practically running it all on his own."

"So it's a front," Frank agrees. "Where is it?"

"Some island called Santa Prisca, it's located in Northeastern Caribbean. Wow, there's it's got lots of history with gang activity."

"Makes sense now," Frank sighed, straightening his back. "Bane practically runs the island, uses it for all sorts of stuff, Auntie Smoke, you're a fucking star."

Felicity smacked him on the arm, "Language! But yes, yes, I am, thank you for noticing. So what are you going to do?"

"Well, I'm going to go to Santa Prisca, get information, then figure it out from there. Are you going to try and stop me again?"

Felicity sighed, quickly storing all of the Lex information onto a drive, "I stopped trying to stop you a while ago. I don't agree with what you do, or what you did, but I understand why you do it. Now, why don't we get rid of this so I can't be followed."

She took the drive out of the computer and threw it across the room and Frank whipped out a gun shooting the drive, destroying it, "Well, I should get going."

"I expect a card," She said, standing up and bringing him into a hug. "Or at least something that tells me you're still alive."

"I got," He smiled. "You should probably move locations though, procautionary, but still."

"Ugh, but I was just getting used to this dark, stingy basement," I groaned. "Guess it's onto the next dark, stingy basement."

I'll see you soon," Frank smiled, slipping his mask back on as he walked to the door.