Five.

"Ce-Ce, wake up! Wake up! It's Christmas!" A little voice yelled excitedly. I opened my eyes and I saw my little sister bouncing on my bed, her stuffed bunny dangling from her hand. "Get up! Get up! Get up!"

"Okay, okay. I'm getting up." I said with a small giggle. She quickly jumps off my bed and runs out of the room, screaming 'it's Christmas' as she scattered through the house. I sat up, stretching out my arms and glancing around the room. "Oh, good morning." I smiled, looking at Newt as he was already awake.

"Good morning. How did you sleep?" He asks.

"Well. Although, I did wake up in the night and over hear you talking to my little sister."

"Oh, right. Yes, well, she came in here and she was frightened and I thought it best to put her back to bed."

"I know." I say with a small nod. "Let's go shall we."

-----

"Do not tell this story again." My dad said as my mother had already started laughing.

"But it's funny." My grandmother continued. "You were only little, darling, don't be embarrassed."

"Celia." My grandfather whispered from inside the kitchen. I looked at him and he beckoned me in. I stood up and made my way into the kitchen where he and my little sister were preparing some food.

"What's up?" I ask, slightly confused.

"The boy. Is he a muggle?"

"No. If he was, I wouldn't've met him at school." I say as if stating the obvious. "Why is it a big deal anyways?"

"It's not -it is-. Just nice to have another wizard in the house."

"Oh, Gramps, don't be weird about it. You know my other grandfather doesn't like magic."

"That doesn't mean you can't use it out of his eyesight, does it." He smiled. "It doesn't matter what he threatens you with, you are who you are."

"Still." I shrugged. "Are you guys okay in here? I could lend a hand."

"Don't bother yourself, 'lia. You know your old Gramps is practically magical in the kitchen." He said with a wink.

-----

I stared at my mother in suprise as my little sister was handed a small puppy.

"You got her a live animal for Christmas?" I asked.

"She wanted a puppy." She argued.

"Is she gonna be able to take care of it?"

"You can have weird twigs in your room, but your sister can have a puppy." My muggle grandfather commented. Every year.

"I've told you so many times now. He's not a twig. He's a bowtruckle. And there is actually a big difference. I am eleven years older than her, and Pickett is very small." I argue, trying to be as polite as possible.

"If she a 'muggle' as you call us, she'll look after him, no bother." I grit my teeth.

"I don't think she'll be a muggle." My father says, butting in. "I think she has magic cursing through her veins."

"Rubbish." I roll my eyes.

"Are they always like this?" Newt whispers.

"Yes. They always argue about my little sister being magic or not." I sigh.

"Why don't you give her a wand and find out?" He suggests and I couldn't help but think that was actually a good idea.

"Kaylee, come with me." I say, holding out my hand for her, my wand in my pocket. Newt and I took her into another room and I made sure she had a tight grip on my wand before taking a step back. "Now, nice and loud, say 'Lumos'."

"Whu- whut will vat do?" She asked, staring up at me.

"It'll produce a bright light." I assured her. She looks back down at the wand, waving it slightly, before speaking.

"Lumos." She says, and the tip of the wand lights up. Granted, it was only a small light, but it was still there. I smiled, looking up at Newt.

"Did anyone ever tell you you're a genius?"

"Yes, Celia, you tell me all the time."

"I still don't think it's said enough."

-----

That evening, despite me trying my hardest, Pickett just wouldn't step out of my hand.

"Pickett, I want to go to bed." I say and he looks at me. "Don't give me those eyes." He stands still, just watching me. "You're very annoying sometimes, you know." I slump down onto my bed, resting my head on the pillow before glancing down at Newt as he lau on the floor. "You don't have to sleep down there."

"I slept down here last night." He argues.

Even though it was practically back breaking.

"Besides, you look rather cozy up there."

"I do trust you, you know. You can sleep up here with me." I say and he sists up.

"Honestly, I'm fine."

"You forget, I know what your thinking." He sighs. "Come on. I don't want you to be uncomfortable." I hold out my hand and he reluctantly takes it. I pull him up, and he gently lays beside me, facing me. "See. It's better up here." He shuffles a little, pulling something out from underneath him.

"What is this?" I purse my lips.

"That is a pillow. I cannot sleep without it, and do not tease me. It's childish, I know."

"It's not childish. It's just a build of character."

-----A FEW DAYS LATER-----

Don't get me wrong, I loved Christmas, even thought my grandfather could be an ass, but it was good to be back at Hogwarts. Within hour of being there, I once again bumped into the young man I had encountered before leaving, and he seemed rather talkative. I don't know what it was about him, but I felt myself being drawn in when his lips moved. Was I warming up to him? I don't even know him. He doesn't even know me. Maybe it was time for me to date someone. Some of my other friends, who were girls, all had boyfriends and I was the odd duck. It's not like it would be long term or anything.