Professor Lupin x Student Reader fluff: "The Train Ride"

Key:

Last name: l/n

First name: f/n

Hair length: h/l

Hair colour: h/c

School house: h/s

Colour (referring to eye colour): c/l

The walk to the last compartment on the Hogwarts express is an eerie and unwelcoming one, especially one you shouldn't do alone. . . that's of course why you were walking it ALONE.

"I swear if I come back, I'm going to curse the shit out of and/or murder Alex."

Sure, Alex promised you 3 liquorice wands and a handful of chocolate frogs if you did it, but even with such a bounty it really felt like Alex got the upper hand of getting to see me suffer in exchange.

"Okay, maybe not murder but at least severely maim-"

Your thoughts go quiet and you stop in your tracks, completely silent.

8 feet away from you a lanky man with remarkably pale skin sat slumped over in the last carriage of the train. A mass of knotted and almost dusty looking brown hair hung down covering most of his face except his thin lips and some unusually deep bags that inhabited the underside of his eyes- which were thankfully closed.

You didn't say anything, honestly not really sure what to say.

Was he a stowaway? Or worse, a Death eater?!? You had no clues to pinpoint one or the other.

You take a step back, hitting the back of your heel on the leg of one of the train carriages causing you to yelp in pain. You swat your hand to your mouth but it was too late, the stranger's eyes shot open and the man stood up, towering over your considerably shorter stature. A shiver ran down your spine, causing a wave of nausea to grasp your stomach.

The strange man takes a step towards you and holds his hand out to you.

"Professor Remus Lupin," He says bluntly, his hand hanging there for you to shake.

"I-Um, I'm y/n l/n, of h/s . . ." You reply, taking his hand in your own hesitantly.

"Should you be back here miss l/n?" he asks inquisitively, folding his arms over his chest cockily.

"Couldn't I ask you the same?" You ask in an equally cocky tone, miming his gesture.

"Well I'm a teacher for one thing, so I have a right to be back here, you, on the other hand, do not have the same privileges."

You roll your eyes and hum a little distastefully, turning to go. . . But stop and turn back around.

"Why should I believe you?" you swivel back around on your heels, flashing a little smirk.

"Excuse me?" he asks

"Why should I believe you? That you are a teacher? You could be a death eater, and this is your way of getting rid of me before you. . .you like blow up the train or something?"

"My my, someone has a wild imagination," he says chuckling before continuing, "I suppose you will have to guard me then, make sure I don't do anything naughty" he responds sarcastically, turning to sit back down.

You blush, embarrassed by his choice of words, but assume he didn't say it with the implication that you're thinking of. . .

"Alright then" you respond, plopping down in the seat across from him, your eyes locked in an unofficial staring contest for a few seconds before you get embarrassed and turn away.