Don't get excited, it's not an update

Okay yeah so, it's been a while. Honestly? I have writers block. I normally have a broad idea of where I want this story to go. But I've got nothing. And the few times I try to write, I realize that I do in fact have lots of homework to do. Lame excuse, I know. So please, do comment of ideas where you want this story to go.

   I also recently made an Instagram account. It only has a few pictures of my art, but feel free to drop by and check them out. The account name is Miss_lovley_me.

      Anyways, since it's Spooptober here's the short horror story I had to write for my English class.

          It didn’t matter if the inky night sky was dotted with stars and that moon was full, the wind wailed. It aggressively wrestled the leaves and caused a loud thud! in the house behind me.

    Seconds bled into minutes before I was little ways in the woods.

Branches reached out and clung onto the thin jacket that barley protected me from the wind. I fought my way through the underbrush, aware of the black figures that darted through my side vision that seemingly disappeared when I turned to them.

My heart began to race, the thumping in my ears nearly causing me to miss the bloodcurdling noise that pierced the air.

   A vile taste flooded my mouth and the air in my lungs froze. Shiveres wracked my spine and I strained my ears to hear past my unsteady breathing. Had it been the old rusty gate that was barely hanging on its hinges being forced open? Or, God forbid, a scream?

   I didn’t realize I gripped onto the tree beside me for support until bits of the rough bark- that caved under the pressure- got stuck under my nails. The light provided by my flashlight shook, and my knuckles turned white from how hard I was gripping the device. 

   I began to mumble to myself, it was nothing. It was just the unused gate struggling to stay together. I slowly gained my confidence back and convinced myself to head back to the house.

   The moonlight danced across the path heading back to the house, and I nearly turned off my flashlight to follow the path back.

   My thumb hovered over the switch and my heart began to beat against my rib cage. A pair of red eyes glared at me through the bushes, and disappeared.

    I gasped for air as I stumbled away from the creature, twigs snapping and leaves crunching underneath my feet. My foot got caught in a twisting root of a tree and shooting pains shot up my legs.

   I could only whimper as rocks dug into the palm of hands, threatening to break the skin. A branch snapped against my temple when my head hit it, and the spot began to pound. I reached up to touch the spot, and because of the shock I barely noticed that my fingers glistened with blood under the moonlight.

  Fear gripped my heart. This was it.