Chapter One - Hopes Peak Academy

!! TW: Mentions of abu$e !!

-------------------------------------------------

Mikan's POV: I woke up to the sound of my loud alarm clock. It's my first day of Hope's Peak Academy. I'm so nervous! I carefully stopped my alarm clock and got out of bed.

I went to my closet and grabbed my uniform. The school's uniform was a light brown button up shirt along with a skirt with the same tone of brown. I slowly changed and put on my uniform, almost forgetting my shoes. The shoes matching the uniform were also brown. I also already had bandages wrapped around my arm and legs to cover bruises I'd had. The bruises were from my family and bullied from my previous school. I was beaten, but as the Ultimate Nurse I learned how to take care of myself when no one else could. I didn't mind it, though. It was better than being alone.

(This is what Mikan's uniform looks like.)

I walked over to my bathroom to brush out my long purple hair

I walked over to my bathroom to brush out my long purple hair. It was choppy and uneven. As I thoroughly brushed out my lengthy hair, I could feel the several knots turn into silky smooth hair. I carefully placed the hairbrush down and grabbed my toothbrush. I delicately put some toothpaste on the brush and brushed my teeth until they were pearly white. When I finished, I spat out the toothpaste and quietly went downstairs to get breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen and quickly made myself some toast. I grabbed some fresh bread and set it in the toaster and waited.

When it was done, I grabbed the toast from the toaster and ate it. I realized I didn't have much time until the bus would arrive. I didn't want to be late on my very first day!

I went to gather my belongings and put them inside of my backpack. I placed in books, bandages, and other supplies I would need for school. Just as I threw the backpack over my shoulders, I could see the bus stop right in front of my house.

I ran outside and hopped onto the bus. I sat in the very back of the bus by myself as the bus drove off. I watched my house get farther and farther away until it was gone. I sat on the bus, gripping onto my backpack nervously.

I didn't have many friends, and I found it hard to talk to people. I was always the shy and quiet type, I guess that's since I was forced into silence. I wanted to make friends and have conversations just like everyone else, but no one ever wanted to be my friend. Then again, who would want to befriend someone like me?