Chapter 1~ Sprinkles

{EDITED}

DANIELLE

"I'm coming mum!", I say as I brush my dark blonde hair and get ready for my first day of college. I am so excited and I can't think of anything right now. After those horrible high school days at Evergreen high, I just want to pass through college with high grades and let loose a little, and by "a little", I mean not going to frat house parties but ones that do not include pushing through sweaty bodies and alcohol in their system. Anyhoos I am still excited. I looked at the bustling streets of New York and smiled.

"Breakfast's ready honey!!", my mum seems more excited than me as she shouts the statement as loud as she can. I stare at myself in the mirror again taking a close look at my pale blue eyes, in those eyes I see pain of not having friends throughout high school, no one to fall on when everyone in school bullied me and seemed to hate me for a reason I just didn't know, not having any boyfriend to just be there for you, having to run to the bathroom several times at school to get milk shake out of my hair because the school's slut seemed to hate me that much, having to run away from school every single day because at least one thing was done to humiliate me at school, people thinking I'm a "slut" sleeping with every boy in school. How can that even happen when everyone hates me? Do you know how it feels to be treated like that? NO, you don't. Again, I ask myself the question that has come out of my mouth every single day of high school, "WHY ME?!!!" I shout out loud to no one bursting into tears.

"NO, I can't cry on my first day!" I say to myself before wiping my tears aggressively and fixing my makeup and my look. With my outfit, I chose a long sleeve white shirt with a pink shape of a heart in the middle, something that looks like mom washed out blue jeans, I tucked my shirt into my jeans, my rock-hard white boots worn on my feet as I carried my hand cross bag.

While I start to adjust my makeup, I hear my dad say, "Danielle, what are you doing up there, it isn't prom, remember?" I roll my eyes when I hear my mum and dad laughing. As soon as I finished dressing up fully, I headed for the stairs but got stopped by my little sister and brother who are twins and are 6-year-olds currently. They stopped me to give me a hug and when they did, my heart melted as I hugged them back.

"I'm gonna miss you Elle." Aubrey, my 6-year-old younger sister said.

"Me too Elle, I'm gonna miss you very very much." Jason said agreeing with his twin sister.

"Awwnnn, I'm gonna miss you guys too." I said almost breaking down. We stop hugging and go downstairs together.

When we reached downstairs, my elder brother pulled in one of his famous bear hugs, although I would never admit it to his face because I know for a fact he's gonna tease me, I love his bear hugs.

"I'm gonna miss you sprinkles." Alexander, Alex for short, said almost crying and "sprinkles" is his nickname for me. It all happened when we went for ice-cream when we were little kids and Alex wanted Oreos on his ice-cream and I was like sprinkles are better and we continued bickering back and forth and from then on, he started calling me sprinkles.

"Uuggghhhh, still with that nickname."

"Seeing as that was the only thing you picked up from my speech, I'm hurt sprinkles, I'm hurt." he said dramatically holding his hand to his heart.

"Number one, that was not a speech, it was a simple sentence. Number two......." I was cut off by him.

"Blahhh blahhhh blabbity blahhh, you ruin the fun in everything sprinkles." He pouted.

"First before I respond to you, I'll finish my statement. Number two, you are overdramatic. Number three, I'll miss you too more than you could ever know. Finally, the last but not the least I love you soo much big bro and just know that you can always come and visit me in my dorm." Was the only thing I said before I pulled him into one of my own famous bear hugs. I wasn't able to hug him that well because a rabbit cannot hug a bear fully, by that I mean he's literally 6'2 and I'm 5'5 so it wasn't easy. He hugged me too. I literally don't know why I used that description about a rabbit and bear.