Babysitting Queen

I can't believe it is Thursday - this week is flying by. School has been ok, as enjoyable as school can be, although there is definitely a level of pressure weighing down my shoulders as it is my final year, I am a little behind and homework is piling up. You could say I am a bit of a procrastinator, and I was going to try and get things done tonight, but I have already agreed to babysit Ajax's cute little sisters. I am definitely looking forward to seeing Nessie and Miya, and Adrian is going to come too. He'll be fine as long as he is sat with me. I am sure it will go smoothly, as long as Ajax isn't there. 

Luckily I am almost 100% sure he won't be. I clashed a bit with him (again) as someone asked if we were sleeping together in class and he just winked at me, not setting the record straight. I told him off in front of everybody in chemistry as he is tarnishing my reputation, and I publicly promised I would never sleep with him causing a load of raucous from immature boys. He did try to apologise in class and later by knocking at my window, but I am not having it. He is just showing off in front of his friends like he's back in kindergarten. It is not a joke as no one laughed apart from a few little boys with elementary humour!

I am now putting a lot of effort into staying away from him, but he annoys me and seems to pop up everywhere with his constant teasing 'trying to be friends'. It's like the more I brush him off the more desperate he gets! 

People keep asking me about him and the nature of our relationship, which is totally unfair and ridiculous. His girlfriend Kat even asked me if there is something between us, and commented how easy it would be to sneak into each other's bedrooms. Surprisingly she wasn't mad about it though, as apparently Ajax and she have an open relationship. If Ajax or even Kat were my other half there is no way I would share them with someone else; they are too hot. I assured Kat that there is nothing between us, which she seemed surprised about. She then went onto hint at a threesome, saying 'I wouldn't mind sharing', but I politely declined with a raging heartbeat that threatened to burst out of my chest and cheeks as red as a fire engine. Sharing is not my style, and I certainly don't want to do that with Ajax. Abs and v-lines, ew...

As soon as I get home mom is there to remind me about babysitting, as if she hadn't incorporated it into every conversation we have had these past few days. She is practically bouncing around she is so excited to do Pilates with Tamiko. I am sure she will be the hottest mom there. If I didn't know her I never would have guessed she has two kids, especially not a great big one like me. 

"Remember Tamiko said that the girls don't often fight but if they do put them in timeout, her phone number is on the calendar in the kitchen and you can help yourself to any snacks." My mom explains for the fourth time as she laces her old sneakers on the stairs. I lean against the wall next to the large brass mirror agreeing with her conversation. Tammy has already text me all of this. 

"Yes mom I know, it's going to be fine." I promise her.

"And please keep an eye on Adrian. I don't want him to feel left out." She sighs as she stands and examines herself in the mirror, and I nearly roll my eyes.

"Yes I know." 

"Ok. We best head out then." She declares and smiles at herself in the mirror. You would think she's going on a date. "Adrian!" She yells up the stairs, and a few moments later he slinks down with a large rucksack and laptop bag.

"I wasn't aware we are sleeping at their house." I comment with an amused smile, and my mom hits me playfully telling me to be nice.

"I am trying to be prepared. I have been researching on how to deal with children aged 3 to 8." Adrian announces looking pleased with himself. 

"Is that why you have your chess board?" I ask holding back a grin. "They will probably be more interested in your computer." I comment as we make our way outside and mom locks the door. I shiver as a soft breeze rushes past me, and the thick grey clouds are concealing the sun, blotting out the sky. I pull my oversized hoodie around me tighter.