2- The meeting

Friday night...

"I'm so glad we're doing this! Heather and Nicole just got to the club a few minutes ago, they said they have a table in the VIP section, courtesy of you know less." Sam informed Lexi. They were sitting in an Uber, heading to a nightclub.

Sam was Lexi's oldest friend. They grew up together in New York. Along the way, Heather and Nicole joined the group. They both married men they had met in college and were looking for this night away from their children.

The Uber driver dropped the girls off and they headed for the door. Lexi was good friends with the owner, so she had an all access pass. They walked past the line, the bouncer smiled and kissed Lexi on the cheek.

"Well look who it is, Ms. Lexi Matthews."

"Hey Charlie."

"Have fun tonight girls." He said, letting them through.

They walked through the doors, the club was loud and busy tonight. "Stay with me, let's find the girls." Lexi yelled, above the music.

Lexi grabbed Sam's hand and headed to the VIP section when Lucas and his men spotted her.

"Fuck me! Look at her, the one in the red dress." Ben, one of Lucas' best friends groaned out.

Lucas turned around, and his world stopped. She was beautiful, her brown eyes sparkled as the club's lights hit her face, and her body was incredible. Lucas couldn't take his eyes off this brown eyed beauty.

She walked forward, noticing all the men staring, but only one guy caught her eye. She stared Lucas in the eyes as she got closer, winking as she walked by. Lucas immediately smiled, as did Lexi. She turned around for one more glance, noticing he was still smiling before she entered the VIP section with her friends.

"You made it! Oh my God, this place is awesome." Heather was already a little tipsy.

"What do you want Sam? I'll buy." Lexi asked.

"Umm, how about a Mai Tai?"

"Can you order something less girly?" Lexi teased.

"Says the woman who drinks like a man." Sam teased back.

"Yeah, yeah. I guess that's what happens when you hang out with all my dad's older friends." They both ordered their drinks and headed to their table.

The girls talked and laughed throughout the night. Random men would come up, trying to get Lexi to dance, but she always turned them down. Lexi didn't miss the way Lucas didn't take his eyes off of her. She kept stealing glances, of him too.

"Who do you keep looking at?" Sam finally questioned.

"There's this man that caught my eye from the moment we walked in here... Him," she nodded his way, "in the black shirt. I'm kinda bummed he hasn't come over yet, he's so damn sexy."

"Ahhhh to be single again, that man is fucking fine. I don't think a single man has even looked at me tonight." Heather whined.

"Oh stop! You're incredibly sexy momma. Steve spoils you rotten and don't you forget that." Lexi lifted up her whiskey glass and they all clicked the glasses together before they took a drink.

"Aren't you afraid he's one of your stalkers? I can't even imagine having to worry about that all the time." Sam asked.

"I think about it constantly, but he was here first and this was a last minute thing, so chances are he's not one of them. Plus, he wouldn't have to stalk me, I would willingly fuck him."