8-Photos

2 months later...

Lexi's P.O.V.

These two months went fast. I still haven't talked to Peter, when I saw him at the office he would literally stop and go in the opposite direction to avoid me. I tried talking to him once when I cornered him, but he told me 'We have nothing to talk about'. Whatever!

Lucas and I spent every moment we could together. When Kevin and Lucas said I wouldn't be alone, they weren't exaggerating. Kevin and my other guards are with me at all times; unless I'm staying at Luca's house. I notice some of Lucas's men following me too. One time Lucas's dad; David, sat in a restaurant when I had a meeting with the mayor's assistant. Lucas told me he couldn't be there because him and his men had an important trade so he sent his Dad to help watch over me. I'm not sure what David thought about that, I mean he goes from bad ass Mafia Boss to girls bodyguard? I hated all this fuss and it was driving me insane!

My dad's speech was in a few minutes. Lucas had Ben and Max in the area, with a few other men, in the audience. He would have been there but lots of high ups know who he is and didn't want to draw attention to himself, if possible. So he would be watching it live, on TV.

"Okay, these will be simple questions about the budgeting agenda, lots of people are concerned and just want some more answers." My dad's assistant was telling him.

My father and I walked onto stage, waving to the cheering crowd. I stood beside my dad, Kevin next to me and Dad's guard next to him. "Good morning everyone." My father beamed. He did an amazing job throughout his speech, he hit key points that everyone questioned, and I think people were happy with the answers he was giving.

"I'll take some questions now." The reporters started in with their questions and Dad answered them flawlessly.

After twenty minutes of answering questions, it was time to wrap it up, "Alright, one last question." My father said, pointing to the reporter who has followed my dad since he's started his reporting career.

"Sir, this last question is more for your daughter." I looked at him kind of confused.

"Yes, Grant?"

"Many of us are wondering, is your relationship with Lucas Costello in any way going to impact your father's decisions with signing these actual bills into law?"

I didn't know what to say, I glanced at my dad and he was doing a good job covering up his pissed off state.

"Grant, I assure you my personal life has-"

"Are you denying these allegations?" Grant asked, challenging me.

"And what allegations are there? This is all news to me, I have no idea what you're talking about."

He held up a large envelope, "I'm talking about these pictures that came to me the other morning. There's pictures of you with Mr. Costello, comfy and cozy at restaurants, him entering your apartment, plus pictures of you guys in bed together."

Kevin grabbed the envelope out of Grant's hands. I took the envelope from Kevin, opening them. There has to be at least twenty photos in there, and very naked pictures of Lucas and I in bed together.

I swallowed hard, I couldn't breath.

"I assure you that whatever this all is," motioning to me and this envelope. "Has nothing to do with these laws, or the budgeting. My daughter's life is nobody's business and I really don't appreciate you calling her out like you just did, Grant. That's enough for today."

My father put his arm around me protectively as we walked off stage to his car. Once my dad and our guards got in the vehicle I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding.