16- Together again

Lucas's P.O.V.

The five hour plane ride really messed with my head. I thought of various ways I was going to murder Max if he touched Lexi.

What if she didn't love me anymore, that would literally kill me.

My dad came to keep peace between Max and I. Max's Dad, Chris, was like a second father to me growing up so I didn't know how this was all going to play out.

Tyler had a big SUV waiting for us on the airstrip. We walked off the plane where Tyler greeted us.

"What's up, man."

"Thank you for coming like you did, where is she?"

We all loaded up in a hurry, "She works at a restaurant in town, I went in for coffee and ate lunch there today. She seems to be happy."

That pissed me off, why would she be happy? Was she not as miserable as I've been?

Pulling up to the restaurant, I followed Tyler to the door.

Looking through the window, it didn't take me long to find her. She was as beautiful as ever, all I wanted to do was hold her again.

"Let's go in!"

Ben, Kevin, Tyler and I all walked in. The rest piled back into the SUV, waiting for us to get back.

The door chimed as we walked in, everyone stopped to stare in horror. With being a small town, we definitely didn't look like we belonged here.

She had her back to us as she sat at the bar talking with a lady behind the counter. The lady looked at us, shaking.

"Brooklyn?" The lady behind the counter said, motioning our way.

Lexi slowly turned our way, as her eyes landed on mine.

*******
Lexi's P.O.V

9 months ago....

"Max!"

He flew back. I caught him as he was going down. The motorcyclist shot him in the head, killing Max instantly.

The man on the bike got off and came at me as I was lowering Max to the ground. I grabbed the knife from Max's back pocket, ready to protect myself.

The motorcyclist had blood coming from his shoulder where Max must have shot him first. He grabbed my shoulders, pulling me towards him. I jabbed the knife into his side, pushing as hard as I could with my other hand on his wounded arm and kneed him, hard in his balls. As the biker was falling, I took the knife out of his side and stuck it in the motorcycle tire. If for some reason I got out of there, I didn't want him following me. I ran back over to the getaway car, putting my arms under Max's armpits, pulling him into the back of the car with me.

I hit the lock button as I climbed into the front seat. Putting the keys into the ignition I heard a pounding on the window.

"Shit!" I yelled.

I was shaking in fear as I turned the key, I put the car in reverse and took off out of that garage like a mad man. I was having a hard time seeing as tears were streaming down my face.

"I'm so sorry, Max! Oh my God... I'm so sorry!" I yelled, as I drove away.

I drove until I was finally out of the city. I pulled along the side of the road and cried some more, I couldn't breathe. I couldn't believe he was dead. I did this, he was dead because of me.

After a while I got out and re-adjusted Max in the back. I covered him up with a blanket and popped the trunk open.

There were bottles of water in the trunk, I opened one and dumped them on my hands, washing away the blood. I dumped some water on a paper towel and cleaned off my face and steering wheel. The smell of the blood was making my stomach queasy.

Taking out some cash and the gun, just in case that motorcycle guy shows up. I put Max's parents into the GPS of the car, and took off. Twenty-two hours until I reached Max's parents house.

I drove for nine hours. I was in Ohio, almost to the Indiana border when my eyes couldn't stay open anymore. I pulled over at a park in a small town, and slept. I knew I couldn't take too long, before Max started smelling, but I needed to rest my eyes.

A few hours later, I woke up to the sun shining in. I made a quick stop to a little shop in town buying a different outfit. Luckily I was wearing dark clothes so you couldn't see the blood stains on me. I bought a pair of shorts, tank top and a sweatshirt and headed into the bathroom to change. I washed my face and my arms off, trying to wake myself up some more.

I headed to a coffee shop that was across the street next. I wasn't hungry at all, but I knew this sweet baby needed some food.

I got back into the car, and headed back on the road, only stopping for gas.

*********

Present day...

I was tired, my shift was almost over and I couldn't wait to get back home.

The door chimed and the restaurant instantly got quiet. I looked up and Mary looked like she was scared shitless.

"Brooklyn." She whispered, motioning behind me.

Fucking hell... What the hell was behind me? I slowly turned around, seeing other people's scared expressions.

My eyes met his... Lucas!

I slowly got up, tears filling my eyes as I walked towards him. I was having a hard time breathing and my legs felt like jello as I approached him.

I stood inches from him as he stared at me... "Lucas?" I choked out.

My arms instantly wrapped around his neck before he even said anything. I started crying into his neck, his arms wrapping around my waist as he hugged me back. I have waited for this moment, for what felt like a lifetime.

I'm not sure how long we stood there before he stood up tall again, arms still around my waist as he yells, "She quits!"

He started pulling me out of the restaurant when I heard Mary yell, "Brooklyn? Your purse." Handing it to Kevin.

I was lightly crying still. I couldn't believe he was here. Lucas put me in the back of the SUV, where David was sitting with a few other men. Lucas sat next to me as we took off.

"When did you get out?" I went to hold his hands, when he pulled away from me and gave me a cold, evil stare.

What the hell?

"Where's Max?" He said, coldly.

I paused and looked at him, "He's dead!"