thirteen

[ new beginnings can only give you the canvas, you must create your own fate. ]

"Chenle, are you awake?" Jisung whispered into the darkness. "Chenle? Wake up. I need to tell you something." He shook the lump before him and received an annoyed 'fuck' in response. Chenle slowly stirred to consciousness and blinked sleepily at the mysterious figure standing above him. This was the point at which he should have been stabbed to death by the silhouette watching him sleep, but instead, said figure leaned down and kissed him on the forehead.

"Good morning, my love. I have something to tell you." Jisung climbed over Chenle's body and flopped onto the open space next to him. The bed creaked from the motion, and Chenle held his breath, waiting for Renjun or his mom to hear.

"What time is it?" Chenle croaked, reaching for his phone on his bedside table. It was cluttered with candy wrappers from fans and his glasses, but he located his phone and unlocked the dark screen. "Motherfucker," he hissed when the light flashed on and momentarily blinded him. "Park Jisung, it is four in the fucking morning! What are you doing at my house, you sicko?"

Jisung beamed and held out his phone for Chenle to take. Chenle read over the letter in the picture quickly, barely processing in his hazy state of mind. He did comprehend that Jisung wrote a letter to his parents. It was the first step in the healing process, and Chenle was insanely proud of him.

"Jisung, that's amazing." Chenle swore he could see Jisung's eyes twinkling as he accepted the praise with a grateful smile. "Do you remember what I told you on the plane? About helping yourself first?" Jisung nodded and slipped his phone into the pocket of his hoodie. "I think I'm comfortable with putting a label on this," Chenle motioned between the two of them. "Now I know that I will be your boyfriend and not your therapist."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

Chenle shrugged his shoulders with a playful smile. "That depends. Are you gonna ask properly?"

"That depends. Will you say yes this time?" Jisung teased back. Chenle rolled his eyes and slapped Jisung's shoulder. "Fine, fine. Chenle, will you be my boyfriend? Officially?"

"Oh, why, Jisung, I thought you'd never ask."

"You're such an assho-"

Chenle shut him up with a kiss. "I would love to be your boyfriend." He mumbled against Jisung's lips, rubbing their noses together gently.

"Mr. Park?" A little voice called from the hallway. Chenle yelped and pushed Jisung off of him, sending him flailing. He hit the floor with a thud and a broken ouch. Renjun watched the scene unfold, stifling his giggles with the ducky blanket clutched in his fist. "Lele, can I sleep with you?" He asked, hesitantly stepping over the threshold.

His little feet padded softly on the hardwood as he approached his brother's bed. "Climb in." Chenle lifted the blanket, and Renjun hoisted himself into the spot Jisung was.

"Well, screw Jisung then," Jisung mumbled from the floor, rubbing the spot on his shoulder that made contact with the ground. Chenle smacked Jisung's forehead and tucked the ducky blanket under Renjun's chin.

"Can Jisungie come cuddle, Renjun? Would that make you uncomfortable?" Chenle prompted warmly. Renjun shook his head and patted the small sliver of the bed next to him for Jisung to lay down. He somehow managed to fit his body on the edge, and Renjun turned to snuggle into his hoodie.

"Tomorrow," Chenle whispered after Renjun fell asleep. "Tomorrow we'll tell the world."

And the world took the announcement well. Better than well, in fact. The news of their confirmed relationship broke the tabloid headlines for days after Jisung posted the Instagram picture and caption that revealed all. It was exactly nine days after the post that Jisung received a call from an unknown number with the area code 212.