Time ticks forward...

So quick little note: this started as a nightmare that I later typed out into a story in about 5 hours and 30 minutes a few days after I had the nightmare. I've tried to keep it as accurate as I could to the nightmare. I also added some details and continued on the ending after the part when I woke up. But yeah this is the result. It's an emotional story. Lots of my friends loved it, so I decided to post it here on Wattpad to share with you guys. Hope y'all enjoy this insanity created by me!

We live in a society like no other. A spaceship controlled by bloodthirsty people. On the surface it may seem normal, but we all know that death awaits us all.

Ashley and I were running from him. The one who changes us from normal everyday citizens to coldhearted killers. MatPat.

Yes, I know. Not like the actual MatPat in any way. Remember, this was my dream. And somehow my brain made him like that. Must be some element of all those theories I've been watching.

We ran and ran, looking back once to see him chasing us with a psychotic look on his face. "Let's hide somewhere," I said. As we looked around for a place to hide, Ashley pointed to a door up ahead. "In there!" She panted out. We sped into the room and locked the door behind us. Just at that moment, we could hear banging on the door. "Oh you meddling kids. You can't hide for long," MatPat sang on the other side of the door.

"Go hide," Ashley whispered.

"Where though?" I whispered back.

She looked around and spotted a closet. Opening it, we saw there was only enough space to hide one of us.

"You go," she said, pushing me towards it.

"But what about you?" 

"I'll be ok."

"No you won't! He's right outside the door! He'll kill you the second he sees you!" I argued.

"Then so it shall be. I have nothing to live for, unlike you. You have to live on, for Rin's sake." She reasoned.

"But-" I stopped at the sound of a chainsaw outside the door. Oh no.

"Just stay in there," she said gently, pushing me inside. 

"But Ashley, I-"

"Please, don't make this any harder than it has to be. Use everything in your power to survive. Knowledge, skills, people. Anything and everything you can, survive til the very end. Live on for me," she whispered, closing the closet door before I could say any more.

I tried to close my ears to the sounds outside, but couldn't. On the contrary, it was all I could focus on. The sound of the chainsaw cutting through the door, the sound of MatPat's cackle as he stabbed the chainsaw into Ashley, the sound of it going through my friend, the sound of her body hitting the floor. 

"Now where's the other girl?" MatPat growled, rummaging through the stuff in the room. "She has to be around here somewhere."

I sat there in the dark, waiting for him to leave so I could escape. 

After a few minutes, I heard footsteps leaving the room. I breathed a sigh of relief and cracked open the closet door to see if it was safe. Ashley's body lay crumpled on the floor, blood pooling around her. MatPat had left. Kneeling down beside her, I stared at her in shock, not believing that she was gone. 

"A-Ashley? A-are you okay?" I whispered to her, only to be met with silence. Tears started streaming down my face as I cried. The sound of footsteps echoing through the hall snapped me out of my daze. I scrambled back into the closet, closed my eyes, and prayed it wasn't MatPat returning to finish the job.