Miss independent

"What the hell do you want from me Addison! I'm trying to build a career for myself! I can't always be home as much as you'd like me to!" Derek scoffed while trying to get away from her to avoid a fight, it was all they did anymore if there was even any talking at all.

"don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you ass hole! news flash Derek so am I! but I still make time for my husband and our daughter! I don't put my career before my family and I never thought you would either, yet here we are!"

he rolled his eyes "Yes because you're  Miss perfect! now, do you mind? I need to find my briefcase so I can go to work!"

"We have another two hours before our shift starts, your excuses to avoid talking to me are getting old!"

"I don't feel like dealing with you right now, I will see you tonight."

"You know what Derek! why did you even marry me If this was how things were going to end up!" She yelled before he was fully out the door.

he turned back and paused. "To tell you the truth, sometimes I don't even know anymore."

Derek and Addison's marriage was hanging on by a thread and their 17-year-old daughter Jessie was caught in the middle of it all, constantly having to deal with being the punching bag for their emotions they didn't know what to do with. She often blamed herself for her parent's unhappiness but at the same she time didn't know how they got here, how they got to this place where if they weren't fighting they were simply existing in each other's presence, Jessie missed the time when her parents were happy, so undeniably in love, she dreamed of finding the kind of love they had but things change and it was a different story now and although it had been a long time since things weren't so toxic she still didn't even recognize her own life anymore, Family dinners felt awkward and forced if Derek was even home, gossip spread around her school to the point now almost all her teachers knew what was going on at home and sometimes even questioned her about it if she seamed unusually moody, their life was a mess, to say the least.

"Your dad's an ass you know that?" Addison scoffed grabbing her keys noticing Jessie coming down the stairs. "and this is why I said I should drive you, you're already late for school! damnit Jessie learn how to be responsible!"

"Whatever mom, it's not my fault dad hasn't had sex with you in over a month."

"What?"

"You heard me, you seriously think I can't hear you guys! There's nothing louder than married New Yorkers bickering at each other."

"excuse me little girl but you don't know half of what is going on and I'm tired of your mouth!"

"You know what I'm tired of? I'm tired of both of you! Not even my closest friends want to come over anymore because neither of you even try to stop fighting for 5 seconds!"

"I'm not in the mood for this right now, just text me when you get there."

"Yeah, whatever."

        𝓐 𝓯𝓮𝔀 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻  

"don't you dare call me controlling! You have absolutely no right to call me anything!  You're never home!" Addison yelled not bothering to realize it was after 3 in the morning.

" I don't even know you anymore Addison! All you do is whine and complain." Derek shot back.

"Of course you don't know me you don't even know your own life anymore! I'm surprised you don't forget you have a daughter!"

"oh really? because last time I checked you're the one who started a fight when she's asleep."

"oh yeah, because asking my so-called husband to come to bed is starting a fight!"