C H A P T E R 11

[11]

M A R L E Y

I didn't dare to move as I heard the footsteps getting louder and coming nearer

I didn't dare to move as I heard the footsteps getting louder and coming nearer. I wanted to back away or stand up but I was frozen, almost as if I was paralyzed.

"Hey, stand up!" someone growled annoyed.

Oh god, when they find out who I am they will definitely kill me. I didn't only once interrupt their fights but twice. Oh god!

Suddenly someone grabbed my shoulders and forced me to stand up. The hands around me were tightening as a whimper escaped my lips.

This person was pressuring my already sensitive and injured skin, thank you very much.

I felt a hand grab my chin fiercely and flinched, but the person didn't remove his hand. He lifted my chin up and I gasped as I locked eyes with those beautiful, captivating and familiar eyes.

Jamie.

His beautiful night blue eyes were full of shock as he looked me up and down warily. When I glanced around I saw the others looking at me with wide eyes as well.

Why were they staring at me like that?

Then realization hit me. I was a 15 year old girl sitting around in an dark and scary alleyway in the middle of the night.

"I-I was just....Uhm...I....I got lost!" I stuttered nervously. They couldn't find out that I ran away from home because I was afraid that my family might find out about my past and kick me out of the house after throwing insults at me. And-

"You got lost? Seriously? That's the best you can come up with? Why are you really here? In an alleyway....at....midnight...?" one of the guys next to Dustin asked.

"I-..." I lowered my head and sighed. I knew I couldn't lie right now. Although my acting skills and my poker face were perfect, I didn't want to act right now. I wanted someone to know about what's going on in my life. I wanted someone to soothe me and to tell me I was fine. I wanted someone to care for me.

Was it so wrong to want someone to hug me? Someone to take care of me? To love me?? Was it so wrong?!

"I...ran away." I breathed out and slid down the wall again. I brought myself back in the same position as before. My legs pulled to my chest and my arms wrapped around them, while my face was buried in my knees.

Silence.

Nobody spoke nor move. The air was tense and I could practically feel their confusion and anger. The anger was against each other I guess, or well I hope. And the confusion was about me.