C H A P T E R 20

[20]

M A R L E Y

School.

I wasn't looking forward to it since I knew I'd have to go home with my oh so lovely brothers after that. I unfortunately couldn't stay at Jamie's house like I intended to. My father still had custody over me and since I wasn't eighteen yet he could easily command me to come back home. If I didn't, he would call the social worker and I would be dragged back into the house.

Anyways, I wore a black jeans and a blue hoodie, which I got from the others (wherever they got it from). I was sitting in the back of the car next to Jamie and Logan whereas Noah and Austin were calling shotgun. Over the weekend I grew a lot more accustomed to those four idiots and I enjoyed it. I didn't fully let my guard down but my walls were lower with them around. They made me feel comfortable and safe, which I didn't feel since quite a long time.

And well, the thing between me and Jamie was great. After that first breathtaking kiss we had one date in some local restaurant. It wasn't uncomfortable or awkward like I expected. We chatted a lot and stuffed our mouths with food, well I tried to get down as much food as possible, and we joked around a lot. Then on the next day we had our second kiss in the back of Noah's car.

Don't ask how we got there because I have no idea. We were standing in the McDonalds driveway, since those boys seem to be always hungry, and then Jamie had grabbed my chin and looked me deep in the eye. I don't know what overtook me back then but I leaned in and kissed him on the lips. And just like the first time sparkles of electricity rushed trough my veins. It was almost magical to kiss him and I loved it. I loved his touch and his smile. I loved the way he would fidget with his bracelet when he was nervous or how his eyes would sparkle with excitement every time I sent him a smile.

Gosh, I really like him.

"Yo, Lee. Get out." Austin's voice brought me out of my thoughts. He was impatiently sticking his hand in front of my nose while a scowl was dancing on his lips. I chuckled in embarrassment and took his hand to get out of the car. People around us sent us shocked looks and started to whisper which made me uncomfortable.

Austin and Logan decided to come with us for today because they wanted to help me with my brothers, which I was grateful for. Usually they were going to another highschool in town because they were kicked out before they could even start their school year here. They never told me the reason though, but they always looked nervous and slightly embarrassed every time I asked about it. So I eventually stopped asking.

I quickly glanced at my schedule to see that I had maths first. I groaned and hit my head against my locker before I whimpered in pain and rubbed my now slightly red forehead. The others around me snickered at my misery and I shot them a glare which probably looked like a pout to them. Logan then pinched my cheeks and cooed at my 'cuteness' whereupon I slapped his hands away and sent him another glare.

They just chuckled and dragged me to the classroom. Fortunately it was almost completely empty when we arrived so I sat down in the back between Noah and Jamie while the other two sat down in front of us.

After some chatting the students filed in and placed their butts on their usual places. Everyone who even attempted to sit down next to us quickly hurried away after the hard glares they received.

The time passed by pretty quickly while I tried to get some good notes of what the teacher was talking about.

The keyword: tried.

Logan and Austin always had something to talk or joke about and I slowly understood why they never made it to their first day in this school. They just never listen or shut up. Instead they chew gum, laugh out loud, pop their gum, tell a joke, pop their gum again and so on. They were really noisy but I didn't mind since they brought my thoughts away from my family.

I was still upset about what happened. I showed them. I showed them my scars and bruises. I told them about my past. I wasn't even ready! They provoked me and I couldn't handle it anymore. But was it really a mistake? Was it a mistake to show them what I've been trough? I honestly don't know.

The only thing I know is that they're trying to apologize or something now. Like, seriously? If I hadn't shown them my bruises then they would've just continued, right? So, why would I forgive them when they don't even know what they want my forgiveness for? They're sorry for treating me badly but on the other hand they would've never stopped bullying me. That's so ridiculous!

I rubbed my hand over my face in frustration and glanced around the room. The students were either intently listening to the teacher or they were chatting with each other. Then I spotted those icy blue eyes staring at me and my heart sunk.

Oh shit. I totally forgot about him because of all the drama lately.

His face was void of any emotions and his eyes looked empty, whereas his knuckles were already on the verge of turning white because he was clenching them so tightly. His pitch black hair was a total mess on top of his head but they somehow managed to still look perfect and as if it was meant to be like this.

I quickly shook my head and turned my attention back to Jamie who was already staring at me. My cheeks reddened and I hid behind my hair. My stomach was a butterfly-y mess when Jamie tugged a strand of my hair behind my ear. He gently grabbed my chin with two of his fingers and raised my head so I was looking at him.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

I nodded my head and sent him a small smile whereupon he returned the gesture and turned his attention back to the front. I sighed quietly and ran my hand trough my hair.

It felt so great. To be near him. To talk to him. To...kiss him. Everything about him felt so great. He gave me the warmth and affection that I always craved for. He gave me the love that I always wanted.

I turned my head back to the guy to find him glaring at Jamie and the others. When his gaze fell upon me again his features softened and for a split second I saw his lips move upwards before he quickly covered it with his usual blank expression.

What's up with him? Why's he always looking at me? Why's he always around me? Why's he going to school lately in general? He was barely ever seen in classes without earbuds or closed eyes, so why now?

Why was Dustin Martinson paying attention to me?

Hey there, I hope you enjoyed. This chap is about the start of the little love triangle. It's not a big one where the female main character falls for both and then has to choose, but you will see for yourself how this continues.

By the way, who is your fav character despite of Marley?

Stay safe! Love y'all!

Vote | Comment | Follow

- L I S A