C H A P T E R 19

[19]

M A R L E Y

"Miss Milton?" a nurse called out

"Here, ma'am." I said and raised my arm so she would be able to see me in the crowded waiting area.

"Ah there you are, miss. Do you want these people to hear what I am about to say?" she asked hesitantly and glanced around the room, where my 'father', all of my 'brothers' and Jamie with his gang were standing. They all were kind of glaring at each other and I guess half of them didn't even notice the nurse yet.

"Uh, it's alright, I guess?" It came out as more of a question since I was unsure what she was about to say. And by the way, I couldn't send my brothers out because they would demand to stay and since almost the whole freakin town was afraid of them they would probably find my condition out anyways.

"Miss Milton, the blood test we ran showed signs of malnourishment." With that everybody went silent. The nurse suddenly started to become nervous and her eyes widened in shock when she finally spotted my sperm donor.

"M-Mr. Milton." she said and slightly bowed. What the? Why did she just- You know what? It doesn't even surprise me anymore.

"Back to you. You also showed signs of a slight cold so we prescribed you some pain killers. You should rest a bit and you shouldn't stay too long in the rain again." she explained.

"Alright, thank you Miss...Calvin." I read her name tag and nodded at her before I turned my attention back to Jamie.

"Wait, what do you mean with 'too long in the rain'?" Micheal asked.

"Well, she was all soaked up when she came here, which was the cause of the cold." the nurse said.

"Why were you drenched in water, Marley?"

"I was just enjoying the rain and by the way I needed some time for myself." I lied trough gritted teeth while the nurse quickly walked away.

"I don't believe you. You're lying. What really happened?"

Jaxon.

Is he serious? Now he cares but before he bullied me? Does this guy make any sense? No. No, he doesn't.

I stood up and practically raced down the hallway but suddenly someone grabbed my arm and turned me around. Turns out it was Jayson who followed me.

The rest soon came running to us as well.

"Let me go." I said calmly.

"No. I want an answer! Why were you drenched in water? It doesn't make any sense. Why would you stay so long in the rain if you knew you could get a cold?" he ranted irritated.

"I-"

"Why would you even be outside when it's thundering? I mean it's dangerous! You could've gotten hurt. Then I would never-" I cut him off when my emotions suddenly just exploded. It was like a train of emotions just hit me with so much force that the bottled up emotions inside of me exploded and were mixed together with the ones from the train.

"I wanted to kill myself!!" I yelled.

The room went silent again. All my brothers looked at me in shock and disbelief but also anger and sadness. God those guys make no freakin sense.

"Y-you what?" Leonardo stammered.

"What? You thought I was fine? You were the ones who said how weak I was! And yeah you're right! I am fucking weak! My past is catching up to me and I can't bear it! I cannot bear to go trough that pain again. I just wanted to feel free for once. To not be bullied or abused, be it physically or mentally. I just wanted to not exist anymore!!" I screamed with tears running down my cheeks.

"You ain't weak." Jamie whispered as he pulled me into a hug. He stroked my hair while I bawled my eyes out, which was most probably gonna leave tear stains on his shirt but I didn't care.

"Can we go somewhere else?" I mumbled into his chest.

"Sure, baby girl." I blushed furiously at his nickname for me but I found it cute. It was the first 'pretty' nickname I ever got. The others were names like fatty, pig, whore, slut and so on.

"Wait. What the hell? Wilson, what are you doing with my sister and who the hell are those two guys surrounding her??" Jayson exclaimed.

"I am Logan. L-O-G-A-N. His bestfriend." Logan gestured to Jamie and spoke as if he was talking to a child, which I couldn't help but chuckle about.

"I'm Austin."

"And to answer your other question. I'm gonna take her to my house." Jamie deadpanned and glared daggers at my supposed family, who returned the gesture.

"The hell you are!" Jaxon growled, which in return made Logan, Austin and Jamie growl.

Gosh, is this a fucking zoo?

Oh lol, I cursed again. I didn't even notice.

"What is your business with Marley?" Micheal asked.

"She's my-" before he could say anything I had already pressed my hand over his mouth to stop him from saying, whatever dumb thing he was about to say, and spoke up.

"We are friends. Friends care for each other and since I rather wanted to be with him than with you guys I asked him to let me sleep over at his house."

That was a big lie, but anyways, they didn't have to know.

"Marley, can't you at least listen to us? We really wanna...like...apologize, ok? We behaved stupid and-" I cut Micheal off with a dry chuckle.

"You wanna apologize? Please, just leave me alone, ok??" my voice was laced with so much desperation and pain that even the nurses, who were watching us, gave me sympathetic looks.

"Mar-"

"No! I dont wanna hear it anymore! Where was your apology when I needed one? Where was it when I waited for it? Where was it when I was breaking apart, huh??" I screamed on the top of my lungs and stormed out of the hospital without bothering to look back at my so called family.

I spotted Noah in his black BMW and got in the backseat whereupon he turned his head to me in shock.

"Ya, whatcha doing here already? And why do you look like you just cried out a river?" he asked irritated.

I chuckled at his funny antics and wiped away the leftovers of the tears with the back of my hand.

The rest of the guys soon got in the car as well and then the silence took over once again. The drive to Jamie's house was pretty uncomfortable since at least one of them was always staring at me either through the rear view or side view mirror.

I eventually closed my eyes and thought about what I was gonna do. Will I forgive them? Were they even sincere or did they just want to break me again? Did they want to get my trust just to break it in the worst possible ways? Will I ever trust them?

Will I ever love them?

Hey there, sorry for the kinda late update. I just got a lot of appointments this week and school is pretty exhausting as well and to top it off I also don't feel that well cause I have a constant stomachache. But anyways, I tried my best, so here's the new chap 😉

Stay safe! Love y'all!

Vote | Comment | Follow

- L I S A