C H A P T E R 23

[23]

M A R L E Y

"You fucking prick!!" I yelled on the top of my lungs as I paced around the waiting area of the hospital, waiting for some nurse or doctor to tell me how Logan was

"Listen here." I said deadly calm glancing towards Louis who was looking at me with guilt and concern. Those emotions he can shove up his ass until he tastes em!

"You can hate me, insult me, throw water at me and slap me as much as you want, but don't you dare touch him one more time! What did he ever do to you, huh? I understand what I did. I was the disappointment of a sister. The ugly, fat and disgusting girl who reaked of alcohol and drugs. Fine!! But he didn't do any fucking thing!"

The air was tense as my supposed family looked at me with widened eyes. Regret, guilt and shock were the most evident emotions on their faces. But I also saw fear swirling around in the depths of their eyes.

Gosh, that was one side of me that even I didn't know. I never was protective or cared for anyone before, so having a group of friends that I trust and respect, makes thqat protective side of me come out.

That I was on my period wasn't much of a help for my mood and anger as well.

"Ms.Smith? Are you the patient's guardian?" a young woman, with blonde locks resting on her shoulders and a white lab coat wrapped around her skinny body, asked.

"Uh...yes, yes. I am his sister." I stated, trying to sound confident although my heart was aching to know how he was.

"Ok. His head was hurt pretty badly. Due to the hard impact, when he fell to the floor, an artery burst in his brain. It was something that would've happened anyways since the artery was already damaged, probably due to old injuries, but because of the impact it unfortunately already burst. We are currently performing an emergency operation on him which could take a little while. I have to go back in now. Please inform the rest of his family as well." she smiled kindly with sympathy gracing her features as she turned back around and disappeared behind the closing glass doors.

I was frozen and my hands were trembling furiously. An artery burst...brain...emergency operation. This was too much information to take in...my knees gave in and I sunk to the floor with an empty feeling in my stomach and tears threatening to fall.

All of a sudden my phone rang in my pocket and I quickly pulled it out. Since my vision was blurry I couldn't read who was calling though, so I just answered it with a weak 'hello'.

"Mar, where are you? What happened? Why did you call me 31 times??" I was so glad that it was him. "I'm so sorry that I couldn't pick it up. I was in a meeting and they wouldn't let me go-" Before he could ramble on about this weird meeting I spoke up with a shaky voice, the lump in my throat making it hard to talk at all.

"Logan's in the hospital." I cried out and clutched onto my heart, which was aching horribly at the thought of losing Logan. The first friend I've ever made. The one who brought, in those couple of months, more genuine smiles to my face than anyone ever did in my whole life. The one that I could crack jokes with until we were both lying on the floor rolling around in laughter. The one who taught me the meaning of friendship.

A real friendship.

"What?" Jamie choked out. Ruffling and yelling was heard on the other line as my cries died down a bit.

"He-he wanted to punch Louis, because he had slapped me that one time, and then Louis punched him in the face. He fell to the floor and then there was blood. There was so much blood, J! Then Louis called Mark and then...then the paramedics came...and...and...now he's in the hospital. The doctor said something....something about some artery that burst and he's in an emergency operation right now! Please Jamie, you have to come here!" I pleaded, letting the tears now freely fall down my face.

"Y-yeah. Hey shh, shh. Stop blaming yourself yeah? I know you do. It wasn't your fault, ok? We'll be there as soon as possible. Update us when there are news. Bye."

"Marl-" The audacity that guy had! To actually talk to me right now! What's wrong with him? Did his brain shrink into a fucking pea?!

"Shut the fucking hell up! I swear if you don't shut your mouth then I will...I will...shit! Just leave me alone! It's your fault! He could die! Die because of you and your selfish ass!" I screamed at Louis and plopped down on one of the uncomfortable stools.

But I didn't complain. Nor did I complain about my growling stomach or my growing headache. I deserved it. I deserved the pain. I was the reason for Logan to get hurt. I was the reason why everyone around me always ended up in pain!

He had to endure much worse right now so why would I eat something now? Why would I complain about some headache when he was the one fighting for his life?

Old emotions came crawling back up. The emotions of unworthiness scratched on the inside of my stomach. The feeling of happiness was slowly fading away and the familiar feeling of emptiness took over. The same old feelings all came up and made me feel even more horrible than I already did.

Whore.

Slut.

Useless.

Mistake.

I knew that.

I knew I was a mistake. Someone that should've never been born. Someone that should've died a long time ago. Someone that didn't deserve to cry or to complain. Someone that deserved only darkness and pain...

...until the darkness eventually kills them.

Hey there, you know it somehow just happens. I didn't even intend to make this chapter so sad and depressive but oh well. By the way I'm obviously not a doctor so I apologize if what I wrote about that artery thing is complete bullshit. All the doctors and surgeons would probably face palm themselves if they read it, lmao 😂

Anyways, what will happen to Logan?
Will he survive?

Stay safe ya guys! Love y'all!
♡♡

Vote | Comment | Follow

- L I S A