C H A P T E R 22

[22]

L O U I S

"Guys, let's calm down yeah?" she asked quietly, fear lacing her shaky voice

He punched me in the face which made me stumble backwards whereupon I rubbed my jaw and clenched my fists in anger. What's his fucking problem?

"Logan!" she gasped.

"Watch yourself! If not, you might die today! Fucking asshole." I hissed annoyed and got back into my fighting posture.

I went for his undefended stomach and dodged his arm just as he was about to punch me again. I hit him with so much force that he fell backwards with a loud thud and blood began to run down the back of his head. Marley gasped and ran towards the unconscious guy lying on the floor.

-

*one hour earlier*

T H I R D  P E R S O N

Marley and Logan were on the way to their school alone because the others had some business to do. At first the girl wanted to ask what buisness they were talking about, but she forgot to do so as they sped off shortly after telling her that they wouldn't come to school today.

She was still a bit anxious, but the whole hospital thing with her brothers was 2 weeks ago, so she became a little bit more relaxed about it.

"Hey, Lee. Do you know where your brothers usually hang out before school?" Logan asked as he looked at her trough the rear view mirror.

She shook her head in confusion and raised an eyebrow at his awkward question. He never asked or cared about her brothers nor anything related to them.

"Why, tho?" Marley asked and tilted her head to the side.

"I still have to punch one of them." he deadpanned and focused back on the road whereas the girl's eyes widened.

"What?" she choked out full of confusion and a little bit of fear. She knew her brothers could fight, considering their bruised knuckles, but she also knew that Logan could fight, since he taught her some selfdefence techniques, so a fight would cause a big crowd and in general a lot of unwanted drama.

"What was his name again? Louis...? Whatever. He slapped you, I can't let him get away with it. I also wanted to fight with one of your brothers since a long time, so now's the perfect opportunity." the guy explained while tightening his hands around the steering wheel in anger.

"No! I mean, they probably deserve it, but no. You can't just punch him. I don't want you to get hurt because of me!" Marley pleaded.