Cedric diggory x fem!reader

There he was. Cedric. With Cho Chang on his arm.

It was Christmas Eve and the Yule ball and y/n was stood at the top of the staircase pretend out from behind the stone wall at everyone talking and making lots of noise. She was scared to say the least.

First person POV

"I can't believe I'm doing this" I said to myself as I made myself visible from behind the wall

(This is what you are wearing)
(Change it if you don't like it)

I am wearing a dress that makes me feel WAY out of my comfort zone. Hermione persuaded me to get it because she said it looked really good on me but i don't see what she means.

I stepped out of from behind the wall and started walking down the stairs looking at my feet. I looked up and everyone was silent, looking at me. I froze and nearly tripped over my dress but regained my posture and awkwardly began to walk down the stairs again to try and find my date.

Me and Fred had agreed to go together as friends because neither of us had. A date. I got to the bottom of the stairs and everyone was still looking at me, jaws to the floor.

Did I really look that good?

"Y/N?" I heard from behind me

I turned around to see Cedric Diggory standing there looking at me in awe . He looked amazing as ever.

Me and him had only ever talked a couple of times but it was always pleasant and we had a lot in common

" You look amazing!" He said as he took my hand and placed a kiss on it .
" Oh um thank you Cedric, so do you !" I said looking into his eyes .

We stood there in a comfortable silence for about 10 seconds before a voice came from behind Cedric and broke the silence.

"CEDRIC.... what are you ... oh hello Y/N" Cho Chang said standing next to Cedric smiling at me.
I had forgot that Cho was Cedrics' date . You see I have had a crush on Cedric ever since I was in second year and he was in third. He had helped me one time when I was being flirted with by Draco Malfoy and I wasn't comfortable. Ever since then. I think about him all the time.

The worst part about having a crush on him, is that I can't even be mad at Cho for being his date because she is too nice.

" Hi Cho, you look beautiful, Cedric is very lucky" I said, trying to be as nice as possible.

"I'm glad somebody thinks so " She said making eyes at Cedric then looking at the floor.

"What is that supposed to mean ", I thought

"Anyway we better get in there, Mcgonagall is calling for the champions " Cho said softly and linked her arm with Cedric's.

" Yeah um ,Save me a dance?' He whispered leaning down

I nodded slowly and looked at Cho who was talking to one of her friends so she didn't notice mine and Cedric interaction

He smiled and the walked away leaving me standing on my own smiling like a freak.

I soon came out of my trance to see Fred standing there with his hand out for me to take. " Come on Y/N/N, it's started " He said smiling at me.

I nodded and took his hand as we walked into the great hall together to watch the champions dance.

After that Fred had asked me to dance and I agreed because i thought what is the point in going to a ball without dancing.

Me and Fred danced for a while before I became thirsty and went to get a drink. As I stood to the side and looked around, I noticed that Fred was dancing with Angelina Johnson, a girl of the Gryffindor quidditch team, but I didn't mind as we only went as friends.

I also noticed that Cedric was stood at the other side of the hall looking in my direction . When he noticed me looking he smiled and made his way over.

"Care to dance?" He said in a funny, overly British accent that made me laugh

"Why of course kind sir" I said in the same accent that made us both giggle. He put out his hand for me to take and I did.

We made our way into the crowd and started to sway to the sound of the music.

" So .... where did your date go, I thought you came with Fred Weasley?" He asked breaking the silence

"Oh um well we only came as friends so he is dancing with someone else but I don't mind"
I replied. "Where's Cho? " I asked

" She is over there , talking to Harry"
He said back to me.

"And that doesn't bother you? I thought you two we're together. As in boyfriend and girlfriend." I said being honest.

" Oh god no, she asked me to go with her and I agreed because I didn't have a date yet, but honestly, I only went with her to make the girl I like jealous " He whispered in my ear.

My heart sank into my stomach

"Oh ..... she's a lucky girl,who is she?" I asked in a sad voice but tried to hide it.

"Well, she's very beautiful, kind, smart, she's in Gryffindor and

She's standing right in front of me "

I looked up at him and smiled from ear to ear

"Me , really " I said in shock

"Yes ,really" He said back leaning in .

I leant in too until our lips met .

I had never been kissed before so I didn't know what to expect.

I always read in books that when two people are meant to be together and they kiss and they feel sparks

Well

I felt exactly that

It was magical

We pulled apart an smiled at each other .
"Please be mine?" He whispered
"of course " I whispered back before pecking his lips.

( I hope you enjoyed my second one-shot. I will take requests if you have any ❤️)