Legolas - You're My Home

Legolas x human!reader

Requested: Yes! Anon asked for prompts 6 and 25 from my 250 followers sleepover (which was ages ago, sorry for the delay!!).

Prompts: "Your hair is really soft" and "You should probably go home"/"I'm already home."

Warnings: none, fluffiest fluffy fluff, Legolas declarating his love for you throughout the entire fic

A/N: Slowly working my way through my ask box!
Also Thranduil is reasonable in my fics, so he approves of his son courting a human.

Legolas hurried through the corridors of his father's palace, cursing himself for being so ignorant.
He passed numerous servants and nobles but didn't stop to greet them as he probably should considering his title; too anxious to get to you.

He should have known something was wrong.
It wasn't unusual for you to miss a meal since you had a habit of losing track of time, especially when you were painting. So he didn't think much of it when you weren't present at breakfast.
When you also missed lunch, there weren't any alarm bells ringing in his head.
He did make a mental note to visit you later that day, maybe sneak some food from the kitchens. Perks of being part of the royal family, he smiled to himself. But he still wasn't worried.

How could he be so stupid?

It was only when the afternoon meeting with his father's council was interrupted by one of the kingdom's healers who rushed to Thranduil's side, that Legolas started to suspect something was wrong.

The healer spoke a few hushed words to his father, but he heard them. You were sick, with a fever so high you were starting to get delirious. They were doing all they could to bring the fever down, but it didn't seem to work. You were asking for Legolas, otherwise the healer wouldn't have interrupted his King's meeting, he apologized.
His father casted a quick glance towards him, and Legolas was surprised to see a hint of worry in his eyes.
Thranduil immediately dismissed his son from the meeting so he could go see his intended.

Legolas and you were courting, but it was all still very new.
You obviously spend a lot of time together, but since you weren't married yet you both lived in your own quarters. It wasn't uncommon to only see each other at nightfall.
He should have paid you a visit right after breakfast...

It was too late to beat himself up for it, he thought while he flew through the different hallways. But by the Valar, he had already screwed up and you weren't even married yet.

He ran to the healing wing, but you weren't there. One of the healers on duty told him you were being treated in your own room. Before he could finish his sentence, Legolas had already bolted out of the hall.

Upon reaching your living quarters, Legolas took a few breaths to calm his nerves.
He knocked three times, tapping his foot anxiously while he waited for someone to open the door. He could've just barged in, but what if you weren't decent? He was not risking it.

After what seemed like forever the door opened, and a healer assistant let him in.
Legolas rushed into your chambers, straight to your bedroom but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw you.

You were lying in your bed covered in multiple blankets and furs. On your night stand there were several empty glasses and vials, plates with crushed herbs and a pitcher with water.

He slowly made his way towards you and took the chair where you had carelessly thrown your clothes on the night before, so he could sit next to your bed.

"We gave her something to calm down and hopefully lower the fever," the assistant spoke up. "The healer will be back soon to check in on her, Hîr nîn." (My Lord)