Kíli - Stranger Danger

Kíli sighed while wiping the sweat of his forehead with the hem of his shirt.

He really needed to clean his apartment more often, so he wouldn't have this much work when he finally did it. He groaned, realizing he sounded just like his brother. And no, that wasn't a good thing.

Of course, he hadn't done this just because he felt like cleaning. No, Kíli wasn't that responsible. If he did something, it was because he had a good reason. And that reason happened to be you, his friend he might have had a little crush on. A tiny little, barely existing one.

You had made countless remarks about the state of his apartment and how messy he was. But what could he say? Kíli just wasn't the domestic type. He could live perfectly fine and content between piles of laundry and dirty dishes.

Why wash a shirt or clean a plate when you still had other shirts and plates left to use?

But since you were that type of person that had everything in its place and cleaned almost every day, he was willing to do a little more effort. Maybe that way you would visit him more often...

He tossed his dirty shirt into the laundry basket - See? He could do this! - and walked to his bathroom to take a well-deserved shower.

When he turned on the water, he heard his phone ping. Realizing he had left it on the dinner table, he shrugged his shoulders and stepped into the shower.

It probably was his brother Fíli. It could wait until after his shower.

When he walked into the living room ten minutes later, rubbing his wet hair with a towel and wearing nothing but a pair of gray sweatpants, he heard his phone ping again.

He unlocked the screen and saw 4 messages and one missed call from you, the tone of every message growing more desperate.

9:23 pm – Kee, are you home?

9:24 pm – Could you come over?

9:27 pm – PLEASE COME OVER

9:30 pm – You have 1 missed call from Y/N

9:32 pm – HELP!

He immediately dialed your number.

Please be okay, please be okay, he thought while hearing the familiar beeping. He cursed heavily when it turned on voicemail.

He dialed your number again and sprinted to his bedroom to get dressed. He put his phone on speaker and tossed it on his bed, so he could dig through his drawers in search of a clean shirt.

To his relief, you answered this time. Great, he thought, at least you aren't dead. But what he heard, didn't put his mind at ease. On the contrary...

"Kíli?"

"Y/N? Oh thank God, are you okay? What's wrong?" he asked while pulling his shirt over his head.

"Shhh! Stop yelling, he might hear you," you whispered.

He? He grabbed his phone and held it to his ear.

"Is there someone with you? Is it your ex?" he whispered, the color slowly draining from his face at the thought of you being alone with your aggressive ex.

"He came out of nowhere! I thought I knocked him out with my frying pan but a couple of minutes later he was gone. He's somewhere here, but I don't know where. I'm scared, Kee!" Your voice broke in the last sentence and so did Kíli.

"I'm on my way," he said, determined to end whoever had the guts to break into your apartment and scare you to death.

Sure, it would've been smart if he had alerted the police or even his brother Fíli instead, but that thought didn't even cross Kíli's mind. You called him for help and he was going to be your knight in shining armor. Kíli halted mid-step when it hit him. You called him.

LOTR/Hobbit ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara