late night calls | korrasami

It was around 11 at night when korra and asami usually hung up with each other. The two had been best friends since grade school. but they both wanted more. korra had been crushing on asami since she laid eyes on the raven haired girl. Asami had fallen quiet as fast after realizing she liked Korra more than a friend in 7th grade.

The girls were in 10th grade now and both were still oblivious to the others' feelings.

"no it was so funny you should have heard it sami" korra said across the phone.

Asami's heart started beating faster. the butterflies in her stomach were about to explode.

"sami you ok?"

Asami snapped out of it.

"ya you just look really pretty" asami said without thinking

Korra started blushing furiously.

Asami obviously thought it was because she complimented her, not because she actually liked her.

"You're always pretty," Korra said, trying not to stare.

"I try" Asami answered, hoping Korra couldn't see her blush in her dimly lit room.

korra yawned.

"kor, your tired, you have a match tomorrow and you should get some rest" asami looked at her best friend with the most caring eyes.

"I don't wanna,"Korra answered with a pouty face that made Asami laugh.

"well i'm tired. goodnight korra"

Asami went to hang up when Korra spoke.

"wait sami. just stay a little longer."

Asami smiled and nodded.

Both girls got in bed and just sat there looking at the other, admiring.

After a good 10 minutes korra was almost out cold.

"goodnight korra"

"bye sami, love you" korra said hanging up.

then it hit her. she had just accidentally said i love you to her best friend and long time crush. oh shit.

she was mentally panicked and stressed about what asami would say. she felt a hot blush spread across her face.

"ahhhhh" korra yelled, placing her pink tinted face in her hands.

Korra mentally punched herself in the face. she could not ever look at asami in the face again. she wondered if she could make herself a new identity.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of town, Asami was jumping up and down. every inch of her was a rosy pink color. she picked up her phone and typed 'i love you too' and sent it with shaking fingers. after placing her phone on her nightstand she flopped onto her bed, falling asleep soon after.

It was one in the morning. Korra couldn't sleep. Asami had sent her a text a few hours ago and Korra refused to look at it. she was anxious about what the sweet raven haired girl would say. This was surely the end of their friendship as she knew it. she eventually fell asleep around 2:30

it was the next day. and korra avoided asami at all costs. The few classes the girls had with each other Korra made it very clear she wanted Asami to leave her alone. Asami was getting sick of it. what had she done? what made korra this upset. she was absolutely dying to know, but as korra made very clear, she didn't want anything to do with asami anytime soon. as much as asami knew she should respect her wishes, she needed to know what she did to her best friend to push her away so quickly.

Korra quickly rushed off to go to her football game. Asami tried to catch up but wearing heels and running didn't mix well. 

asami walked to the bleachers hoping to be able to catch up with korra on the way home.

She quickly noticed how rough of the game korra was having. korra was usually one of the best players on her team but today she was lacking something. her mind was clearly out of it and it showed. Asami was desperate to figure out what it was.

korra was quickly benched after her poor performance in the first 5 minutes. Asami frowned as she watched Korra on the sidelines throw her helmet on the grass. she quickly stormed off into her locker room.

 asami got up and swiftly walked off the bleachers and towards the girl locker room, specifically for Korra as she was the only girl on the team.

"korra?" she yelled.

"asami? What are you doing here?" Korra asked.

"Look, I'm sorry for what I said last night, or course you didn't mean it like that and I was just not thinking I guess and i" Asami looked up to see Korra's confused face.

Asami suddenly started to burst out laughing.

Korra frowned and started to walk past Asami but the girl was too slow and Asami grabbed her arm and pulled her around, their faces inches apart.

"korra, you didn't read my text last night,did you?"

korra blushed harder.

"you were too scared weren't you" she asked, a sly smile made its way across her lips.

Korra looked down, embarrassed about how well her best friend could read her.

"korra, hun. look at your phone"

Korra skipped a beat being called 'hun' by her best friend.

nonetheless she slowly took her phone out of her backpack and went to messages, ready for the worst.

Asami watched as her best friend's face went from fearful to shocked and surprised.

Korra looked up with a smile on her face.

"really?" she asked.

asami giggled. "of course."

Korra smiled. she ran to asami and gave her a hug. she wrapped her hands around asami's waist and picked us, asami's legs straddled around korra's waist. The girls stood there for a second acknowledging how their body's were pressed up against each other. Finally Asami cupped korra's face and carefully pressed her lips to korra's. she felt korra immediately melt into her embrace.

the two immediately heard clapping and whistles behind them.

asami jumped off korra, surprised to say the least. Watching them was Korra's entire football team.

"why aren't you guys on the field?! and why are you in the girls locker room?!" korra yelled, clearly pissed.

asami placed a hand on korra's shoulder calming her down.

 their two best friends, mako and bolin came running up to them and embraced them in a tight hug.

"never mind any of that." mako said shooing away the rest of the team

"it's about time!" Bolin yelled, throwing his arms up in the air.

they all laughed as korra slipped her hand into asami's unnoticed by the guys.

"well we better get back to the game" mako said hearing the whistle. "congrats you two"

the two boys ran out of the locker room waving.

asami looked down at their interlocked fingers and smiled.