eleven

HARRY

disclaimer: much of this chapter and the next are from the book

disclaimer: much of this chapter and the next are from the book.  the non-italics are the tonks family and eloise's reactions.  skip if you'd like.

Eloise, Dora, Andromeda, and Ted were sitting on the couch, watching Sirius for some sort of explanation as to why there was a fucking Hippogriff in the backyard of the Tonks home.  He was putting his memories into the Pensive in the center of the room.

"Well, I may or may not have dragged Harry's friend, Ron, into the Shack."

"That's wasn't the plan, Sirius!" Eloise scolded.

"Just come on, love."

And all five ducked into the Pensive. 

Harry's and Hermione's wands shot out of their hands, high in the air, and Black caught them.Then he took a step closer. His eyes were fixed on Harry. 

"I thought you'd come and help your friend," he said hoarsely. "Your father would havedone the same for me. Brave of you not to run for a teacher. I'm grateful... it will makeeverything much easier..." 

The taunt about his father rang in Harry's ears as though Black had bellowed it. A boiling hateerupted in Harry's chest, leaving no place for fear. For the first time in his life, he wanted his wandback in his hand, not to defend himself, but to attack... to kill. Without knowing what he was doing,he started forward, but there was a sudden movement on either side of him and two pairs of handsgrabbed him and held him back... "No, Harry!" Hermione gasped in a petrified whisper; Ron,however, spoke to Black. 

"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too!" he said fiercely, though the effort ofstanding upright was draining him of still more color, and he swayed slightly as he spoke. 

Something flickered in Black's shadowed eyes. 

"Lie down," he said quietly to Ron. "You will damage that leg even more."

"Did you hear me?" Ron said weakly, though he was clinging painfully to Harry to stay upright."You'll have to kill all three of us!" 

"There'll be only one murder here tonight," said Black, and his grin widened.

"Why's that?" Harry spat, trying to wrench himself free of Ron, and Hermione. "Didn't care lasttime, did you? Didn't mind slaughtering all those Muggles to get at Pettigrew... What's thematter, gone soft in Azkaban?"