Homebound

Luke slowly rolled his shoulders as he sat up on the uncomfortable cot when he woke up. Gazing around the room, he took note of the nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right. Like someone else was trying to weasel their way into his head.

It was off-putting.

Standing up, he reached for his bag and his rifle, inspecting the damage done to the stock. He frowned at the char look the flames gave it.

Slinging his bag onto his back, he raised his arms to stretch, smiling as he heard several satisfying pops. He checked his bag for the other items that should be in it.

He found his flashlight, radio, rations, ammo...

And one of Eden's Gates books.

Panicking, he threw the book back into the bottom of the bag and followed suit with his other items.

He decided to look for Whitehorse, he needed a distraction. Wandering the old prison, it didn't take long for him to fine where they had made the cell block into the commons room.

On a lone table sat a map, and a ham radio. He began to look over the map. The circles, crossed out locations, and thumbtacks were a long stretch from organized, frantic at best.

Luke was so engulfed in his own little world, he didn't notice the Sheriff walked into the room until his finger hit the map, pointing something out.

"If you're thinking about taking back your home, I suggest you be careful. The Cults turned the park station into an outpost. That was one of the first places people are saying Jacob secured, probably looking for you."

"Yeah, I figured as much. But all my gear is there, so if I'm going to be able to help, Im going to need everything there." Luke sighed as he bowed his head. This whole situation was so surreal to him.

Before answering, Whitehorse stood up and scratched his chin.

"Well, if you are going to do this, be careful, Jacob's got the Whitetails by the throat, once he gets wind of you being up there, he's gonna do everything he can to get his hands on you."

"Dully-noted. I kind of wish I had called in sick" He said, before looking back down at the map.

Whitehorse chuckled and placed a hand on Luke's shoulder.

"Well I'm glad you didn't. Lord knows what would have happened to ya. Hey, after you get your stuff, do ya mind heading over to the valley? We just got word that Rook escaped John's bunker, I don't know how, but she did. She's probably headed over to Falls End. Could you go give her a little help?" The look in his eyes were that of a begging child. Whitehorse was up to his neck in shit already. The only break he's gotten was finding Luke, and now he risked lose him again.

"Yeah, I'll head over there and see what I can do, but I am hoping on doing what I can up in the Whitetails as well." Whitehorse visually calmed. the traces of a smile tugging at his mouth.

"Thanks Luke, be safe." Whitehorse began walking away, presumably to go speak with someone when he turned back towards Luke.. "Oh hey, there's a bike out front waiting for you. It's bright green, we grabbed it from some Peggies." With that he left Luke alone in the room. He sighed and ran a hand down his face.

"I should have left. But nooooo, had to run a park. Fucking... Fuck me."

He looked at the map for a bit. If the entire county was under the effects of this... "Bliss", whatever it was that he had gone through, he was unsure how much help he'd actually be. He slouched towards the exit, the reminder of the book in his bag heavier than the bag itself.