Holland Valley

Ok, so his plan hadn't exactly gone accordingly. Jacob seemed exactly two steps ahead of him, because on his way out of the mountains, he had been ambushed.

He had no choice but to risk getting lost in the bliss again as he changed coarse towards the Henbane. That was until an Arrow lodged in his arm as he crossed the river.

"God damn fucking, shit that hurt." He pulled over once he felt safe enough and began treating his wound, paying close attention to the stars filling his vision.

"You look tired. You always have." He looked up to see a mirage of Faith dancing in front of him.

'This stuff's too strong, I haven't even been here long.'

"You don't have to keep fighting. When I look into your eyes, I see a pained expression, the war you fought is over, you don't have to worry anymore." He finished patching his wound up, and left, not saying a word.

The vision of Faith watched sadly as he drove away. Luke was a good man, she was afraid he would run himself to thin, or get himself killed.

After navigating his way through the back roads of the Henbane, he arrived in The Valley as the sun rose well over the horizon. He would prefer to forget the amount of times he got lost or ended up in a ditch after losing control of the bike. It was a touch to sensitive on the throttle.

Finally, he smiled as he notice he was coming towards the small town, he also took note of as people began to gather towards the edge of the town, not many. And obviously not very friendly towards this newcomer.

The handful readied their weapons as a lone woman stood many feet ahead of the rest. Luke stopped aways away, turned off the vehicle, and walked with it. The woman, who seemed familiar, began walking to meet him.

"You can stop right there." She yelled to him. Both parties stopped moving.

"Deputy, you may not be familiar with him, but his name is Luke Willamette, he's a good man." Pastor Jerome Jefferies held a hand towards the man.

"Uh huh, a great peggy." Mary May scoffed as she glared at him.

"Oh here we go with this shit." Luke sighed as he rubbed his face. The woman at the lead, the Deputy, raised a questioning brow.

"Look, Whitehorse sent me to help you, if you don't want it, I'll be on my way." She cracked a smile as she looked at him.

"You know, your shorter than I imagined an ex-soldier would be." Scoffing, Luke looked to the side before giving her a fake laugh.

"Oh, ha ha Miss Rookie Officer." Her smile was wide and genuine as she waved for him to follow her. He watched as the group slowly started dispersing and returning to where they had been previously. Mary may whispered to the Junior Deputy before she entered the Spread Eagle.

Jerome pat Luke on his shoulder before he too, took his leave for his own church.

"Nice bike, kinda lacking in the stealth department though. Personally, I would have chosen a darker green." She pointed out as they walked towards the bar.

"Yeah personally, I wanted a bright pink, you know something that just screams 'Shoot me, go on I'm right here!'" He smiled as she laughed. The bar, The Spread Eagle, was quite the place, a few people sat about, with a Mary May tending to the counter.

"Really Dep, you bring him in here?" She glared at him as they entered.

"Well, the Sheriff trusts him, so I do too."

"If he tries anything, I won't hesitate to put a bullet between his eyes. I'm not serving you either."

"I don't care, Ill be helping out for the next few days before I head up to Jacob's region. Whitehorse asked me to come help the Dep here for a bit, not anyone else Fairgrave." Just speaking her name irritated him. They never really got along, and with all the stuff with Eden's Gate, any trust they had was gone.

"Well I'll be damned. I though you were dead? Kim's gonna want to see you." Luke turned, before being enveloped into a hug by Nick. His anger disappeared as he saw who it was.

"You kidding me? Nick, you know I'm made of tougher stuff than that." He smiled and reciprocated the hug.

"Rye and Son's Aviation is safe I take it? The three just kind of looked at him as he stepped back.

"Whoa buddy, Did you ever have a doubt?"

"Well, can never be too sure about it. This is a war anyway, so.." He had a faraway look in his eyes for a brief moment, before returning to the conversation." Anyways, i need to get a grasp on the situation he before I make a move anywhere." Luke turned towards the door to walk away, before his loud boots were drowned out by a voice that came over the radio, one he was familiar with.

"Hello again Deputy." The voice called over the radio to the Deputy, who hesitantly reached for it.

"What do you want John? I'm kind of busy at the moment." The venom of her words received nods everyone in the room.

"My, My, I only called to ask if our friend Luke has indeed come to your aid." Luke and Dep exchanged glances as she clicked the radio back on.

"No, I haven't heard from anyone named Luke yet. Try calling Faith, maybe she knows something?" She snickers as she puts it back on the bar.

"Deputy, you are aware that lying is a sin, correct?" She looked confused as she looked towards Luke, who returned a concerned glance.

"I don't kno-"

"I got reports from Jacob that said he had tried to escape from his region, before running to the Henbane, Faith told me herself that Luke had indeed entered the Valley from her region, now, may I speak with him?" She turned to him, a questioning glare sprawled across her features. He sighed as he took the square box from her hand, pressing the receiver to speak.

"Hello John, to, what, do I owe the pleasure of this call? If it's about missing work at the station, I apologize but I've been a bit... Preoccupied." His tone was annoyed as he spoke to the youngest Seed brother. John chuckled a bit over the radio, which meant he wanted them to hear him laugh.

"No, I'm afraid its nothing so trivial as that. No, today I've come to ask if you will atone willingly, I took the liberty of looking into your past when I purchased the land that the park sits on. I would imagine that the divorce has been hard for you. You want to see you're girls again if I had to guess. We could always have them brought here, for their protection of course, for when the collapse comes. Kimberly must be what, 19 now? And Samantha is also of age, 19, you mist be so proud, knowing that she came to see you, all on her own. Of course, she'll have to atone, but then you can be reunited in Eden." The more John Spoke, the more infuriated Luke became. His jaw began to hurt from how much he was clenching his teeth.

"What the hell are you talking about John? You leave my family-" Before he could finish his sentence another voice screamed in the background of Johns radio.

"Dad! Help!" The voice of his eldest daughter came through the radio, causing all color to leave his face.

"Sammy! What's happening! John if you lay a finger on her I'll- "before he could continue, John had cut him off.

"Tsk tsk Luke, I had not thought you capable of such anger, such Wrath. Did you know if you had not used tranquilizing rounds that night you came to arrest Joseph, you would have killed twelve people. How do you feel knowing that, Huh?" Luke could feel John's smile through the radio. Anger tugged at every fiber of his being. He wanted to lash out, hop on Lucy and attack John's home, but it would be a half-backed plan of anger that was sure to fail. Worst of all, he would be putting his daughter in danger.

"I hope I can see you in my confession room soon Luke, I look forward to it. Don't keep me and... Sammy... waiting." With that the transmission ended. Luke looked around the room, a few more people had arrived, and they watched him. Some with understanding looks, others with accusatory glances. He slowly down before his eyes landed on Rook.

"He has my daughter."