CHAPTER 4

"One can begin so many things with a new person! – even begin to be a better man."   – George Eliot

Today is the day I join a new school. I'm so nervous and excited at the same time. I woke up earlier than usual. Well, the nightmare had a hand in it too. I don't know what the future has in store for me, but I'm ready! I've been told for most of my childhood that a phenomenal school is equivalent to great education and Thus making life worthwhile. This is an opportunity and I will make the most of it.

     "Nannav Bhai, why does your school have to start so early? 7-"

     "NK, you've been saying the same thing since we left home. I will only repeat this once; 7:45 AM is not too early. In fact, there is no much difference between 7:45 AM and 8:00 AM." After saying this, I give him a look.

      "Sorry, Nannav Bhai," He apologises fearfully.

       I just Nod at his apology. Am I scary?

      At the present time, Akash, Nk, and I are walking to their school. As always, I'm in front, while they complain. Actually Nk is the one complaining and Akash is giving him silent support by nodding his head and yawning behind me. Someone seeing them would assume they stayed up all night taking care of a newborn. Today their condition is worse than usual, and without any other choice, I have my hands stretched outback, holding their hands.

     "Okay, guys, I leave you here. I need to go and catch the bus. I can't be late on the first day of school."

     "Okay, Bhai."

     "Goodbye, Nannav Bhai."

     "One more thing, start with your homework when you come back from school. And please don't play on the road, like last time." It takes us 10 minutes to walk from home to school. But it takes them longer if they are on their own. That's why Mama asked me to continue with the responsibility of taking them to school.

      "Yes, Bhai."

      "Okay, Nannav Bhai."

        I watch them walk in a slow pace until they enter the school; at least they are finally awake. They Turn around at the same time, and wave their hands.       

        Taking it as a cue I make a run to the bus station. Fortunately their school is on the way to the bus station.

         It takes me about 45 minutes to arrive at school. 40 minutes in the bus and 5 minutes walking from the bus station to the school. 

         Standing in front of the school gate, I'm in awe of the architecture of the school. It looks like a Castle from the 1800s but with a modern twist. From the front view itself, one can tell how big the school is;The school name is written in grey bold letters. It's not like this is the first time I'm seeing such a school like this, but the thought of ever attending such a school again never crossed my mind.

 It's not like this is the first time I'm seeing such a school like this, but the thought of ever attending such a school again never crossed my mind