Chapter 22

Y/N was still in shock after discovering the perpetrator behind Jimin's misfortunes. The perpetrator is standing right beside her, claiming he's feeling deep remorse for his actions and that he is planning to change. Y/N had always been wondering on how could Jimin keep a straight face for so long, but there she was, standing on the balcony with a completely blank face. "Jihoon, that day at lunch... is everything you said true? Do you really feel guilty?" he swiftly turned to look at her, concern plastered all over his face.

"Yes! All I've told you that day is true! Plus, if you want me to add some facts to it, why would I lie to you on that day? I didn't like you this much yet and I didn't know you liked Jimin." she just stayed quiet and waited for him to go on, "I do feel guilty, I told you, I messed up twice and got a lesson from that. The more I hurt Jimin, the more I hurt you, the more I hurt myself and the more I'm going to make you want to run to Jimin. What am I supposed to do to prove my guilt?" Y/N hoped to hear exactly those words from Jihoon, so after starting at the view in front of her all long, she finally faced Jihoon.

"Easy. Make peace with Jimin and apologize, sincerely." horror spread over Jihoon's usually cheerful face, "If you really want to win, that's a must. Happy birthday by the way, and don't think I hate you. You messed up and upset me by doing so, now it's time to fix that. I'll wait. I hope you have fun tonight, sincerely." she managed to give Jihoon a smile before leaving him with an aching heart.

Y/N found Jimin outside the house and wordlessly, they walked side by side to the park where Jimin would usually go to during his twin's birthday. Sitting on a bench, Y/N let a long and heavy sigh escape her lips. "Are you shocked, upset, angry? How do you feel" Jimin asked her as the both of them stared at the almost pitch-black night sky that was sprinkled with shiny stars.

"I do feel upset..." there was suspense in her tone, but even she, herself didn't know what was that about. "Jimin, make peace with him..." he scoffed, feeling that her request was random and irrelevant. "I told him that if he wants to make up with me, he has to make peace with you, and he also needs your help in this. I know you'll help him."

After spending half an hour at the park, Jimin walked Y/N home, "Thank you, Jimin..." he bent forward to look at her face closely, she had a tired and thankful look on her face. He noticed her faint lipstick and her mascara almost washed off her face.

"Good night, Y/N," he said leaning back. He started to turn around and walking away, but then he turned around again. He walked back towards the confused Y/N and placed a tender kiss on her cheek. "Don't worry. Now I'm actually leaving..." he sighed heavily before giving her a last genuine smile and walked away as she laughed at his words.

...

It's already 11 PM, Y/N's dad had to leave for an emergency at his work; a worker suddenly needed to leave for the nightshift, so Y/N's dad covered him up.

Y/N was playing a game on her phone, "Oh, crap! Why won't this idiot move out of the way! Man, he's annoying!" she whined as she tapped aggressively on the screen of her phone when suddenly it buzzed. She looked at the message, it was from Jihoon.

"Y/N! I'm outside please come out!" right after reading his message, she heard a really loud 'beep, beep'. She looked outside only to see Jihoon's red Audi and him sitting on the ground, leaning his back against it. Rushing downstairs, she quickly threw a warm coat over her shoulders and ran out of her house.

"Are you crazy?!?" she squatted down and pushed his hair out of his face when the smell of alcohol hit her nose, "Are you drunk? Are you hurt? Jihoon answer!?!" he opened his eyes and smiled,

"Oh! You are here!" he tried to straighten his pose up, "Y/N..." he mumbled, lifting up his hand to caress her soft and freshly washed hair right before the party. "Y/N, why did you leave me on my birthday? I felt so lonely when you left... Even though at least a hundred people invaded my house to see me, I could only wish you were by my side." guilty was one of the sentiments Y/N has been feeling a lot and her face proved it; her eyebrows folded into a light frow, just like her lips, her eyes showing the emotion spread over her face, but more detailedly.

"Jihoon, I'm sorry, I also didn't imagine I'd leave that early, but can't you understand me? I really didn't mean to ruin your mood, but what you just left me speechless..." he chuckled and hung his head down. "Come on get up, I'll call you a cab and tomorrow you can get your car back!" she said pulling him up with all of her strength and placing his arm around her shoulder. She was able to call a taxi, but she had to wait ten minutes for him to arrive while Jihoon hugged he tightly, like a baby.

The taxi arrived and Y/N helped Jihoon sit inside and when she was about to speak to the taxi driver, he pulled the collar of her jacket and smashed his lips on hers. She didn't move, nor she replied to his kiss, she was completely shocked and now the guilt hit her even harder. Especially after remembering the way she and Jimin had kissed the previous day. She blushed and look at Jihoon with a not understandable look, she didn't even know what she felt herself, but she knew it was not good. Every time she's with Jihoon she notices that Jimin always crosses her mind, but when she is with Jimin, Jihoon doesn't bother her thoughts often. "I love you Y/N!" he whispered loudly enough for her to hear it.

"P-please drive him safely, how much is the ride?" the driver nodded with a smile and told her the amount of money that she had to pay him before setting off.

Dang, you could call that a night...

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜