4.

Chapter 4: The News

Jughead's P.O.V

"Jughead! Come here" I groaned and pulled myself out of my bed. I glanced at the time in the hanging clock before walking towards the kitchen.

I took a seat and saw Dad making pancakes. He was humming his favourite song, while preparing two plates. I wished to see this everyday. Everyday was a new day for me with nothing similar from back time. He looked towards me and smiled, moving his eyes back to the stove.

"You are here! Look what I made, your favourite. Chocolate pancakes!" He said, with a delightful and happy voice.

"What's the occasion?"

He chuckled and grabbed the plates. He came towards me and placed the plates on the table, sitting on the chair next to mine.

"There's a special thing about my happiness actually" I raised my eyebrows, while taking the plate and digging in. "You won't belive! But South Side High got shut down and you boy! You will be moving to Riverdale High."

"Wait, what? Really?"

"I'm dead serious. You will now actually get a opportunity to study other than being in that shitty hole which call itself a school. I'm so happy for you boy!" He said, resting his hand on my shoulder. "Me too. Thank you" I said and gave him a smile.

∆∆∆

I was walking towards the direction of Riverdale High. Today I thought about walking rather than using my bike. I came across a flower shop where I saw a red head boy arguing with the seller. I went closer and heard them talking.

"Sir, you we can't give you like that. There is still 2 dollars pending." The seller said, taking back the bouquet of flowers.

"I will give you later! I promise. Couldn't you just lend me, please!"

"I'm sorry Sir! That's the rule. We--" "--Here!" I cut him off by giving him two dollars. The seller looked at him confusingly but gave the bouquet to the boy next to me. "Oh my god! Thanks a alot man. I will give you your money. I just have forgot my wallet home." He said taking my hand and shaking it.

I smiled. "It's nothing really. You can give me back, anytime." I said. We both came out of the shop. He turned to a cemetery. I followed him and saw him kneeling in front of a grave and putting the flowers on its stop. I came beside him and saw the name.

"Annie Andrews"

I sigh and put my hand on his shoulder. "She was my sister" He said and nodded.

We don't plan things to get wrong but sometimes they dont act according to ourselves. Today, I met a boy who lost his sister. She was young fighter and fighting with her life.

"She's in a better place now, buddy!" I said, once I saw tear coming from his eyes. He nodded and quickly wiped them. He turned towards me and shook his head.

"We didn't even catch names! I'm Archie Andrews"

"Jughead Jones"  I said.

"You don't look from Riverdale High or you are! I don't remember actually" He said, chuckling. We walked back to the road and continued to walk towards school.

"I'm actually from South Side" I said, and he looked at me with wide eyes.  "Afraid?" I joked. "Then you would be a serpent too?" He asked. I confusingly nodded my head and heard him sigh.

"Cool"

I laughed, "Cool?" I chuckled. "I mean yeah! I have always imagined Serpents like rude people and all.. But you seem quite different and helping."

"Not all the serpents are rude! Like you said. You just need to know them more, otherwise you won't know thier loyalty" I smiled.

"I know one now! That's cool for me." He laughed.

We came to the entrance of the building and opened its doors. Lots of students were gathering around and formed in groups but my eyes fell on a specific one.

I saw her talking to a another girl, who was noticed by Archie.

End of Chapter