𝐯. joanna

CHAPTER FIVE

casterly rock, house lannisterthe westerlands

the westerlands

TIME HAD PASSED TOO QUICKLY FOR JOANNA. It seemed like it was mere days ago her husband had left for King's Landing. In reality it was moons ago he left, bringing a part of her with him. She had felt so secure with him, desiring his touch every night. She still could feel his hands running though her body, it was a great night for them, a night she would never forget. She looked down, a smile come across her face as she rubbed her large swelling of stomach. She was three moons with child, she had been ecstatic when learning of the news and went straight ahead to her desk bringing fourth a a letter and ink to write her husband the news. Lord Tywin had also been informed, causing him to congratulate her and telling her she had done her duty. She could even see a small smile tugging at the end of his lips.

A letter was returned by her husband one moon later, telling her that he was joyful and proud of her, bearing him a child. Joanna was of course, overjoyed when reading over his words, but she couldn't help but feel that it was too open, like his words not have any meaning. She shrugged it off and merely told herself that she was foolish, and the though quickly vanishing from her mind. What confused her the most were all the white flowers he had sent her, a whole banquet off them. They were lovely of course, a kind gesture. He had been given her many white roses before he had left for King's Landing, yet she never did understand why. But nevertheless, she loved the though and adored him for it.

A voice pulls her from her thoughts. Her head tilts to the right, eyes falling on that of Audrei. The sight of her brings a small smile to Joanna's lips, finding it amusing that the girl could talk herself out from death. Through the moons alone in Casterly Rock she had begun to take condfience of her handmaiden. She was a lovely girl, only a year or so younger. She would always be gentle and knew that she was only faithful to her.

Joanna giver her a chuckle,"You do not mind talking do you, Audrei?" Audrei quickly closed her mouth, a small blush coming over her cheeks. Joanna felt her head shake, sending her maid an arched brow.

"No, my Lady, I suppose not."

Joanna rolled her eyes, she had insisted Audrei to call her by her name, but was always told that she would not. She cared for Audrei and of course wanted her to be safe. Audrei was a pretty girl, prettier then most maids would have been, though not as pretty as highborns she was considered a worthy prize for guards and soldiers. And that is what worried Joanna. She had caught her guards gazes at Audrei at times when they would prank behind them when walking to Lannisport. Even so, she had made Audrei promise she would always tell her if anything would happen to her.

Joanna had also taken a liking to Lannisport, the roads clean and air like the sea. She had never been to King's Landing before, and although it may be beautiful it is said to be a disgusting place to stay in Flea Bottom. Once she had gone and went to the small boards packed with people gaping at their Lady Lannister. Joanna had only smiled at them, comforting people with her warm smile. She had also taken quite a few visited to the orphanage. The orphanage was better then most, yet it still lacked food, the needs of beds and blankets for the children. And she dared not to imagine, even though she did, where they would send the girls when they had reached their age limit to stay in the orphanage.

She had expressed her concerns to Lord Tywin, and although he seemed to mind the idea, he did not forbade her to do it. She had work to do, her first act as Lady Lannister.

When Casterly Rock had gotten the news of the Queen's pregnancy, the whole castle seemed to celebrate to the former Lannister. Everyone talked about wether it would be a prince or a princess, knowing full and well that it would affect all of Westeros.

Joanna herself had been happy for her sister, even if she had a slight dislike towards her. She decided to write a letter, congratulating her, and questioned when Jaime would return.

Dear Cersei,

I understand we never have spoken that kindly towards each other, yet I find myself happy for your blessing. It seems like we both will give birth at the same year. It is very exciting is it not? Do you think it will be a strong prince or a little princess? Nevertheless I am sure you will be ecstatic with either. Remind me also when Jaime will return, he has been gone for moons now, and I am not certain I am capable of waiting any longer.

Do send my regards to Robert,

Your sister,
Joanna Lannister

Thanks for reading !

( see some similarities in the chapters? it has something to do with Jaime )