4|| ᴘᴏᴘᴜʟᴀʀɪᴛʏ

The practice from the day before really put a strain on you. You felt how your arms, wrist, hands, almost everything was sore. You didn't want to lay around and moan about how much you were in pain though.

You covered these feelings with your normal look then continued walking to class. Before classes, there are always at least 10 minutes of break. When waiting, you passed by a group of people.

One of them called out for your name. Their tone wasn't harsh, it was more of a friendly tone.

"Anything wrong?" You said turning around to face the group.

"Actually no... it's just, you're that new member of the volleyball team right?" One of them asked.

You nodded. "Is volleyball that popular around here?"

The group nodded. Then another one spoke.
"You look super pretty, can I get your number?"

He had black flowing hair and looked kinda hot. You were about to answer when your friends jumped in.

"Sorry, we gotta go... now!" Sachi said grabbing your hand and running away.

Naho and Anami followed after you guys. When you and your friends got away from the group, Sachi let go of you. "Thank god we were there, they are known to be hella admirers."

Naho jumped in. "They watch our practices all the time, they are nice though"

"Eh they give me the creeps but I don't say shit" Anami laughed. "Now let's go before class starts"

The crew walked to class like normal. When you walked in your class, Oikawa was already at his seat sitting down. Today, he was looking away from you... he almost seemed, uncomfortable.

You sat down like normal and ignored his weirdness. You got out the book you read before and started reading again. Oikawa took a glance at you then sighed... pretty loud.

When you didn't give him the attention, he did it again, this time stretching out his arms. You flipped a page of your book not phased. You knew exactly what he was doing.

When Oikawa knew he was failing, he had one last plan. He quickly got out a pencil and acted like he 'accidentally' dropped it right by your foot. You knew how this would go down.

As he turned the other way pretended not to notice his pencil dropped, you kicked it away with your foot. Oikawa saw you do this and frowned.

"Awh come on y/n-channn, I wanna talk to you" he whined.

"So you do annoying stuff to get my attention?" You replied putting away your book.

"Well... I thought you would fawn over my attempts like the other girls do"

You got up from your desk and grabbed the pencil you kicked away. Oikawa watched you do this in confusion. You turned around and walked back to your desk to sit down.

"Here's your pencil." You said putting it up in his face.

Oikawa still being the confused boy he was, he stared at you then the pencil.

"Oh, you might wanna sharpen it by the way." You smirked.

"But it isn't-" Oikawa was cut off by you breaking the led off his pencil with your thumb.

"Now it is" you smiled putting the pencil on his ear so it rested there.

Oikawa just sat there slightly blushing. Were you trying to flirt with him? He didn't know. He swore he sniffed your perfume as you sat back in your seat. You acted like nothing happened and ignored him for the rest of the class.
After Class
When class was over, you got up and quickly exited the room without Oikawa speaking to you. As Oikawa watched you leave, he tried to process what happened.

"Is she a flirt?" Oikawa said to himself.

"Maybe!" Iwaizumi said hitting Oikawa's head. "Let's go to our next class" he said walking away.

"Okay." Oikawa said following after him.

When Oikawa and Iwaizumi walked to their next classes, Oikawa caught a glimpse of Y/n who was talking to another boy. Iwaizumi saw Oikawa staring.

"Seems like shes gaining popularity huh?" Iwaizumi chuckled. "Are you getting jealous?"

Oikawa quickly looked at Iwaizumi and walked faster away from him. "No way. Me? Jealous of her? Nope."
After School
You were walking with your volleyball buddies to the gym when you were stopped by some girls.

"Y/n? Is that your name?" One of them said.

"Yes ma'am." You confirmed. Your volleyball buddies stayed right behind you just in case something bad was about to go down.

"Well, I just wanted to say that... you're pretty good at volleyball, we saw you playing yesterday" the same girl said.

Your eyes widened. Out of embarrassment you put your hand on your nape. "Thanks, I have to go now, you can watch me again today" you said walking away.

Anami, Naho, and Sachi followed after you.

"Woah y/n, looks like your gaining fans" Anami laughed.

"You think so?" You asked her.

"Mhm!" Anami nodded.

"I mean, you are really good at volleyball, especially at your setter position. Who taught you?" Sachi asked.

Immediately you thought of your Dad. You let all the tension that arrived to your body fade. "My dad, he taught me"

"Awh cool!" Naho said.

The crew made it into the gym and got ready for their practice.
~~~
After changing into your volleyball uniform and walked out of the locker room, you saw the girls from earlier. There were also some boys in the stands.

"More people today eh?" Sachi laughed.

"Be quiet" you laughed back jogging to the coach to listen to what she had to say.