20|| ᴘʀᴇʟɪᴍꜱ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜ

5:30 was on the clock. Your eyes stung by the light of your phone. Your legs were sore from yesterday. Suddenly, you heard your phone ring. The name "Anami" shined bright.

"Hello..." you yawned.

"Hi y/n!! Just wanted to make sure you were awake" Anami laughed.

"Omg Anami... you're to good for me"

"I know, just be ready. We will all meet up at school by 6:45. Bye"

"Bye."

You hung up. You sighed and rolled out of bed. You then freshened yourself up.
~~~
You were now at the school, still looking tired but not as much. Every step you took you looked like you were about to fall.

"Woah y/n, you look horrible" Naho said.

"Thanks Naho. Appreciate it" you laughed rubbing your eyes. "Lets get on that bus now" you said falling into her arms. Naho laughed and dragged you into the bus where the other girls were waiting.
~~~
The bus ride felt short to you, only because you fell asleep in Naho's arms. Sachi and Anami may have or not taken photos of you and sent them to Oikawa.

When you guys got there, you were as energetic as ever. You were jumping around and yelling. That was until Anami yelled at you.

Soon enough you guys got into the gym and started warming up along with some others teams that were there.
~~~
Game One
You heard cheering from the bleachers. You and your team all huddled up before going out to play.

"Redo" Anami smirked.

"Right!" You all said running onto the court.

When you ran on, you heard a few people cheering for you. You could say that your fan boys and girls came to watch you. You quickly gave them a smile and a piece sign then went to play the match.

"Oikawa much?" Sachi laughed.

"Oh shut it you" you laughed back.

Game one was gonna start.
***
Meanwhile, Oikawa was still sleeping since his games started in the afternoon. He was dreaming while sleeping. He dreamed that he was dating you.

You two were laying in the grass under the night sky, stargazing. He touched your cheek and kissed you. Sadly, it was just a dream.
***
During game one, a bunch of people were watching. You wanted them to watch you. Keep their eyes on you! That means you had to be the star of the show. You played your hardest, though, this team was like your team... maybe worse.

In the end, your team won but it was super close.

Game Two
10:30 was on the clock. That was the time your next game would start. You watched as the team you were gonna play against walked onto the court. They eyed you... seems like they know you.

"This will be fun" you mumbled to yourself.
~~~
"Iwaaaa it's so early" Oikawa whined.

"Shut up and get on the bus shittykawa" Iwaizumi spat. "Don't you wanna see y/n play or no."

"YES!" Oikawa yelled running in the bus.

Iwaizumi sighed and followed after him. When he sat next to Oikawa, he was texting you, though he forgot that you were playing right now. (Dumbass)
~~~
This was the last game. The last game for the prelims. You didn't want to lose to some lowlife team yet, they were on your level.

"Hey prima" a girl said on the other side of the net.

You rolled your eyes and ignored her.

"Awh don't ignore me... did you forget about me?" She smirked. "I'll give you a hint... the names Ayumi"

"Ayumi" you repeated.

Suddenly, the memory came back. She was your old teammate. One of the girls who helped create the name for you.

"What are you doing on a team like this? Didn't you want to stay with Mei?" You said avoiding eye contact.

"She tuned me out, she's a toxic pig." Ayumi snapped.

After she said that, Ayumi set the ball which went to her outside hitter. You quickly ran to block it, you've been to busy talking. When you jumped up to block it, you missed and the ball hit the ground.

You looked at Ayumi who had a smirk on her face.

"Let's play a good game y/n."

You smirked back and fixed your hair. "Will do~"
~~~
Set two was on. Your team lost the last set but you didn't give up hope. As time passed, Ayumi kept trying to talk to you like you guys were buddies.

You had to tune her out. You knew this could get bad. When you did though, it benefited you. Your team went up on Ayumi's team and you knew that she was getting angry.

The more your team gained points, she would make more comments about you. Soon enough, set two was over with Aoba Josai winning.

Set Three
The last set. The final set. You would count on it. You were up to set first. You felt nervous. Your fans screaming and cheering your name.

"Y/n"

You turned your head quickly to see the person you cared about the most. The person who changed you.

"Kawa..." you whispered to yourself.

You then turned towards the court and served the ball. A hard hit with accuracy won the first point. But you weren't done, you had more to go.
~~~
"Prima... hey why are you ignoring me all of a sudden... answer me!" Ayumi said glaring.

"No." You said walking away.

The game was coming to a close. The scores both read 25-25. It was a tie. Just two more points until you and your team won. Two more... two... more. The serve was coming in fast, your teammate struggled to receive it but she did.

The ball was a little behind you though. Quickly you went under the balls landing and set it. The ball flew to your hitters and it got hit. The ball hit one of Ayumi's teammates but fumbled it.

One more point... just one. You watched as Oikawa and his team left the bleachers, probably cause they had to go warm up. You sighed and continued on your game.

The ball was served from Ayumi's team. The ball then went to your libero who received it and went over the net.

"Damn it. Sorry!" She yelled.

"It's fine" you said back getting ready to block the hit.

"Tch... looks like your teammate messed up. What a shame this game is gonna go on longer than it has to." Ayumi said.

You smirked and started running, Ayumi chasing after you on the other side of the court.

Ayumi set the ball in the air. You saw how the ball floated meaning it would take longer for it to be spiked. When she got down from jumping, you had a smirk.

"Check again." You said jumping in the air getting ready to block the late hit.

"What!" Ayumi yelled.

The ball hit your hands. It fell straight to the ground and bounced away. Ayumi watched as you had a huge grin.

"Damn it primadonna... you won." Ayumi spat.

"I guess we did" you said walking away. "Good game though"

Ayumi watched as your celebrated with your team. Your face looked so happy unlike what happened in middle school. Ayumi let her hair down and smiled.

"Damn y/n... look at you go." She mumbled.

After that, she walked to her team to suffer her loss. This was the day you and your team got registered as team 1.
———————————————————————————
Sorry, this chapter isn't the best. I didn't really want to type about how y/n and her team play cause that's boring. That's why there are a lot of time skips ig ahah