18|| ᴏɴᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄᴇ

It's been about 2 weeks since you and Oikawa have made the promise. You two were working as hard as ever trying to achieve your goals. Even your coaches had noticed it.

"Ok ladies. Prelims are coming up in a few days. I want you guys to work your asses off." Coach Ko smirked. "Let's start"

You and your teammates nodded and started to warm up. You took practices seriously and so did your teammates. Each of them had their own goals and mindsets.

"I'm the better person." "They call me primadonna girl" "that's who I'm known for"

Your mind was filled with these thoughts. You knew it was gonna mess you up.

"Y/n? Y/n!" Coach Ko yelled.

You immediately snapped out of it and looked at your coach. Her face filled with worry. You then looked at the ball that you were gonna hit. You missed it.

"Snap out of it. Focus on practice" she said

"Sorry ma'am" you apologized picking up your volleyball and hitting it 2 times harder than you usually do.
~~~
The same thing happened not even a few minutes later. As you continued to do it, Coach Izumi noticed it. She wrote down your exact movements and how your face is practically blank.

When you did it a few more times, Coach Izumi pulled you out of practice and talked to your outside the gym.

"What's wrong y/n. This isn't like you" she said worridly.

"What do you mean Coach? Is it that bad?" You frowned.

Coach Izumi frowned as well and gave you the notes she took of you. As you read through them, Izumi sighed.

"What's been going on." She asked you.

You looked at the ground while playing with your hair. "I'm sorry Coach... I really am."

"I've been told that you've been sneaking off during lunch and going to the gym. I've seen you myself and never said anything. You're overworking yourself... why is that?" Coach Izumi asked.

You sat down on the floor and burried your face.
"I made a promise to someone who I deeply care about. I don't want to break it. I also want to beat someone in the prelims. I feel so stressed out"

Coach Izumi watched as you broke down in front of her. She knew your stress and knew it well.

"We are alike huh... you and me?" Coach Izumi said sitting right next to you.

You mumbled something but Izumi didn't care.

"When I was your age, I had a problem with communicating with my teammates. I was known as the best player on the court" izumi laughed. "Though... they didn't like that. They shut me out and left me alone."

You looked at Coach Izumi with wide eyes. Izumi smiled and looked at you.

"I know about your past y/n. I see myself in you." Izumi said getting up from sitting. "Although in the end... I gave up. I couldn't fight anymore."

Your eyes went back to droopy and sad... until Coach Izumi said her words.

"That's my mistake. I don't want you to do the same. Please do not worry y/n. We have your back" she said walking away from you.

You watched as she walked into the gym and closed the door behind her. You smiled and jumped up from sitting. You felt better than before.

"Do it for Oikawa... do it for us" you whispered opening the gym doors.

"Hey y/n, get in here!" Anami smiled.

You ran up to your friends and joined them

"This is our last practice before we go into prelims... let's make it one hell of a ride" Sachi smirked.

The girls started cheering and went back to practice. You felt welcomed and free.

***meanwhile***
"You saw her at the mall?" Hana said.

"Yeah and she was with that guy Oikawa." Mei spat.

"Tch. Whatever, we are gonna beat her anyways. We don't need her bossy antics." Kana said.

Mei looked at the volleyball she was holding and served it. Her serve was just as powerful as yours.

"Right. We are gonna beat her and go to nationals."