11|| ʟᴇᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ

Bubble Tea
"But Iwa, she told me to come here and she Isn't even here herself!" Oikawa yelled at his phone.

"What if she ditched you. It could happen" Iwaizumi laughed.

Oikawa looked at his phone in disgust and was about to yell something. That is... if it wasn't for y/n pulling on Oikawa's jacket.

"Lets go" you said awkwardly.

"Y/n..." Oikawa mumbled.

Oikawa followed you into the bubble tea shop to where you guys ordered. After that, you and him talked.

"Sorry about this... I should have planned something different" you frowned.

"No no it's all good it's just... why did you take me out?" Oikawa asked.

"Tch. Don't think about this the wrong way. I only took you out so we can talk all this stuff out. Let's wait until we get our drinks, then we will head to the park."

Oikawa nodded and got on his phone.
~~~
After you guys got your drinks, you guys made your way to the park. Awkwardly, Oikawa complemented on your outfit and taste of style.

"You're just saying that to cool down the awkwardness huh"you said looking at him.

"You got it." Oikawa said taking a drink of his bubble tea.

You two soon got to the park and sat down on the swings since no kids were there.

"So- what did you want to talk about...?" Oikawa asked.

You sighed and drank your tea. "About us... and what happened that afternoon." You said.

Oikawa frowned. "Look I said I was-"

"Sorry." You cut in.

Oikawa paused for a second then looked at you. "Huh"

"Im sorry Kawa. I'm sorry for avoiding you and acting like a bitch to you." You said looking at him.

Oikawa's eyes widened as you apologized. "No no! It was me, I was being the bitch. I was jealous that you were gaining popularity to the point where you would take my spot" Oikawa said looking away.

After what felt like forever of silence, you broke it. You broke it by laughing.

"Y/n-Chan...?" Oikawa said looking at you confused.

"Sorry! It's just I didn't think you would open up." You continued. "That afternoon, when you called me 'primadonna girl' and mentioned my old old team... where did you get that info from...?" You asked Oikawa.

Oikawa frowned. "Mei... third year... she started talking to me when she found out you moved to Aoba Josai. Apparently she told me you were super controlling and rude and said she and her team despises you."

You took a sip of your drink and started swinging on the swing. "I'll give her that. I'm a rude bitch."

"Y/n-Chan... you aren't" Oikawa got cut off.

"That's what they think. I've changed. I'm better than them. They didn't have to give me that nickname." You said stopping the swing from swinging with your feet.

"Nickname... oh the one I called you..." Oikawa said looking down.

You nodded and sighed. "I'll tell you the backstory."
You proceeded to tell him how you've wanted to carry on the family legacy and how you wanted to be a pro volleyball player. You also told him about you being that controlling person on the court and earning the name "primadonna girl".

Oikawa looked down in shame. He felt bad for you.
"I'm so sorry y/n. I wish I-"

Suddenly, you grabbed his hand. "I need to tell you the rest but first let's go somewhere." You said pulling him off the swing.

He nodded and followed after you. It didn't take long but soon you two arrived at a cemetery.

"Uh y/n... why are we here...?" He said looking around.

"To finish my story" you said smiling.

You two arrived at a certain gravestone. It had a volleyball with it along with flowers. Oikawa looked at it and gasped.

"Woah! Famous volleyball player!!" Oikawa yelled.

You put a hand over his mouth and laughed. "You gotta respect the other people here Kawa... plus, this player is my Dad."

Oikawa's widened eyes softened as you pulled away your hand and looked at the gravestone. "He died due to a car accident." You frowned.

"Wait... why don't you have his last name?" Oikawa asked.

"Due to my mom remarrying, she asked for me to change it" you said sitting down. "My dad was there for me 24/7. He taught me volleyball infact and what it's like. When he died, my world crumbled, my attitude became gross and that's when I took it out on my team... yet... they don't know my backstory and refuse to know."

You covered your face behind your arms and sat there. Oikawa sat down besides you and pulled you into him.

"Don't fight it... you need comfort" Oikawa said patting your head.

"Thank you Kawa." You said hugging him.

After a few minutes of sitting there, you two decided to leave. You waved your dad goodbye and left.

"How do you know about my dad?" You asked him.

"I used to watch him play on tv, now that I look at it, you look like him"

You blushed and looked away. "Shut up and take me home"

"Your wish is my command" Oikawa said smiling.

That day, you two became more than rivals. You two became close friends. Friends who won't split no matter what.