Chapter 1~ Love at First Sight

POV: Toyoshima Hidekazu

My name is Toyoshima Hidekazu and I'm a second year at Nanairogaoka Middle School. I'm typically a pretty energetic and lively person, which causes a lot of the girls in our class to be attracted to me. But I've never been interested in any of them. That is until a certain someone transferred to our class back last spring. I remember it as if it was yesterday.

Teacher: Today we have a new transfer student joining us.

Me: A new student, huh. This should be interesting.

Teacher: You may come in now, Hoshizora-san.

The door slid open and a girl with dark pink hair styled in two buns walked in. She looked fairly timid and nervous as she stepped up to the platform.

Teacher: Now then, why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself?

?????: O...okay!

I watched her as she stood nervously in front of the class, looking paranoid. I couldn't help but feel bad for her. She must not like public speaking.

?????: We don't have all day. Introduce yourself!

?????: Oh sorry! I'm Hoshizora Miyuki! And.....um.....it's very nice to meet you!

?????: Eh? That's it? No no, that won't do. Why don't I do it for you?

The girl looked confused as the red haired girl called Hino Akane started doing her introduction for her.

Akane: So you seem to be a bit of an airhead, but friendly. And you have a little brother who likes looking at stars. His name is.....Hoshizora Mitaro!

We all laughed at Akane's joke. She was obviously trying to help her loosen up a bit.

?????: Akane! This isn't helping Hoshizora-san is it?

I looked over to see the green haired girl named Midorikawa Nao looking very annoyed at Akane.

?????: That's right! She should be doing her introduction herself.

A blue haired girl named Aoki Reika nodded in agreement. Akane smiled at them and introduced them to her before returning to her seat. I noticed that the yellow haired girl named Kise Yayoi was whispering to her from the front row.

Akane: And that's Kise Yayoi. She's a total crybaby. If you tease her even just a little bit, she'll burst into tears!

Yayoi: Hey! That's not true! Besides, I've only cried three times today!

We laughed as she quickly sat back down, embarrassed. I looked back up to see her face light up.

Miyuki: Wow! Thanks everyone! I'm not so nervous anymore! Once again, I'm Hoshizora Miyuki. I've loved reading picture books ever since I was little. What I love the most about them is that they always have happy endings, so I always try to find happiness every single day!

I listened to her with full attention and just doing so made me feel weird. I'm not really sure what it is though. But I'm not going to think about it.

Akane: What kind of happiness are you referring to?

Miyuki: Well, it's a little hard to explain. But it's a feeling where you feel sparkles around you and a warmth in your heart. Well, it's something I like to call being Ultra Happy!

My heart skipped a beat when I heard those words. It sounded so pure and innocent coming from her. What am I feeling? I've never felt this way before. What is wrong with me today?!

Miyuki: Well then, it's very nice to meet you all!

Everyone in the room clapped including me, but still in awe to what I just heard. She looked up and gave us the cutest smile I have ever seen in my life. I just couldn't look away.

Teacher: Alright then, your seat will be right behind Hino-san.

Miyuki: Okay!

She walked right past my row and sat in the only empty desk in the room. When class finally started, I finally understood what this feeling was. Love.