Chapter 8~ Revealed

POV: Toyoshima Hidekazu
"LOVE IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!"
I heard those very words echoing in my head. I recognized that voice well. I slowly felt myself regaining consciousness. I was still sitting on the bench.

Me: W..what? What just happened?

I looked up to see a giant monster, slowly approaching five girls in strange outfits. I was so confused.

Me: W...wha....WHAT?!

That ended up being my mistake, as they turned their heads and looked at me. The girl in pink gasped, while the others eyes widened.

????: Toyoshima-kun?!

That voice! I know it too well! It can't be....

Me: Miyuki? Is that you?

????: Great going, Miyuki! Way to blow our cover!

I recognized the other girls as well. They're Miyuki's friends! What is going on?!

Miyuki: I...I can explain!

????: Now who do we have here?

I turn to see a sinister looking wolf, staring at me with an sinister smile on his face.

Miyuki: Get away from him, Wolfrun!

Wolfrun: Oh? Why're you protecting him, Cure Happy? You like him?

As soon as he said that, she immediately started blushing. She looked at her shoes, not saying anything. I was also blushing at this point.

Wolfrun: Give it a rest. Love is nothing but a joke! Love only breaks you in the end! It's not worth being in love! We have no such thing in the Bad End Realm.

Miyuki: You're wrong!

Wolfrun: I am not wrong! And just to prove it to you, I might do something to your little boyfriend here.

My eyes widened at what he said. He slowly walked towards me, but I took a few steps back. Just then, he knocked me against the wall of the school, hitting my back hard.

Wolfrun: You're cornered now, buddy! Get him, Akanbe!

The monster, which was apparently called an "Akanbe" ran towards me. I was frozen in the spot and I couldn't move. At that moment, I got a full on look at the Akanbe. It was in the shape of a present and it looked like my present. That's when it clicked, my present for Miyuki, was turned into an Akanbe! Just as the Akanbe was about to punch me into the wall, a pink blast of energy stopped it.

That blast came from Miyuki, also known as Cure Happy.

Happy: I will not let you do anything to him! I will protect him even if it's at the cost of my life! That's what it means to be Ultra Happy!

She ran towards the Akanbe and began fighting it with new strength. The others soon joined her and the battle began. I stared at the whole thing in awe. I had no idea they were all hiding this big of a secret from all of us. After a while of fighting, the Akanbe was finally weakened and fell to the floor.

Happy: Okay, now let's purify it!

Others: Got it!

All: Pegasus! Give us your power! Pretty Cure, Princess Form! Reveal your secrets, Royal Clock! Combine everyone's powers into one! Deliver the light of hope! Fly into the future shining with light! Pretty Cure Royal Rainbow Burst! Shine, Happy Smile!

With that, the Akanbe was purified.

Wolfrun: Darn it! Just you wait, Pretty Cure!

Everything went back to normal and so did the girls. I was still in shock after what I just witnessed.

Me: Wh...what was that?

Miyuki: I'll explain. You see, we're all legendary warriors known as Pretty Cures. We have been chosen by our fairy, Candy to collect the Cure Decors to restore the Royale Queen, defeat the Bad End Generals and save Marchenland.

I honestly didn't really believe her at first, but as she kept explaining, everything began to make more and more sense.

Miyuki: Does that make sense?

Me: Yeah....I guess it does.

Miyuki: That's good. But you have to promise to keep this a secret. The world can't ever know about this.

Me: Okay, got it.

I looked down and saw my present which was restored from the Akanbe. I grabbed it when she wasn't looking and hid it.

Miyuki: Oh, that's right. Right before all this happened, you were going to tell me something, right?

Me: Oh yeah! I forgot about that! Let's go somewhere else though.

Miyuki: Okay. See you guys later!

She waved to her friends as they waved back, clearing suspicious of us. I lead her away from them and to a secluded location behind the school.

This was it. No more interruptions. Just me and her. The moment of truth.

TO BE CONTINUED