Chapter 7~ Sudden Interuption

POV: Toyoshima Hidekazu
Today is the day! The day I would give Miyuki my present and confess to her. The last day of school before winter break was here and I was really going to confess to her. I had planned to wait til after school to tell her and give her the present. Because of that, I've been a nervous wreck all day. I could hardly look Miyuki in the eye when we talked.

Then at long last, the school day was finally over and the big moment arrived. As everyone began to leave the classroom, I approached Miyuki as she was putting her stuff away.

Me: H...hey...Miyuki?

Miyuki: What is it, Toyoshima-kun?

Me: I....was wondering....if I could talk to you...about something.

Miyuki: About what?

Me: I'll tell you outside....

Miyuki: Okay! Lead the way!

Miyuki grabbed my hand and I began to blush like crazy. I quickly hid my face and lead her outside the school. I lead the way with Miyuki still holding my hand, until we arrived at my destination, a bench with two cherry trees at both sides.

POV: Miyuki HoshizoraI was really curious as what was going on

I was really curious as what was going on. I was slightly nervous, but I tried to push that feeling away. He had brought me to a small bench in the courtyard. He sat down and motioned for me to do the same. I nervously sat next to him and looked down at my feet.

We stayed silent for a while and it felt really awkward. It was really getting to me, so I decided to break the ice.

Me: So....what did you want to talk to me about?

There was no response. I was still looking at my feet and turned to face him. His face had darkened and hung low to the ground.

Me: Toyoshima-kun?

Toyoshima: There's no point in trying. Life is meaningless.

Oh no! This could only mean one thing! I turn to see the rest of the school effected with bad energy. I also see the one collecting the bad energy, Wolfrun. I've got to transform!

Me: Pretty Cure! Smile Charge! Sparkling and shining, the light of the future! Cure Happy!

Wolfrun: There you are, Pretty Cure! Oh, it's just you today?

Me: Yes! And I will not forgive you for terrorizing our city!

Wolfrun: Yeah, whatever! Let's get this show on the road! Come out, Akanbe!

He transformed a present laying next to the bench into an Akanbe.

Me: Alright! Bring it on!

I began to run towards the Akanbe, but it easily pushed me back. I immediately get back up and try again, but the same thing happened. I was getting pretty bruised up, but I wasn't going to give up. I'm going to fight for Toyoshima-kun!

Wolfrun: Give it up already! You're all in for a bad end! And there's nothing you can do about it!

Me: I will never give up! Happiness will run away if I give up!

Wolfrun: Alright, suit yourself! Crush her, Akanbe!

Just as the Akanbe was about to crush down on me, it was stopped by blasts of energy. I turned around to see the others, protecting me.

Beauty: Sorry we kept you waiting, Happy.

March: You okay?

Me: Yeah, I'm okay. Thank you guys!

Sunny: It's no problem! Let's just take care of him!

Peace: I...I agree!

Me: Okay! Let's go, girls!

Now together, we began to fight the Akanbe. We were doing pretty good, as we were weakening it. But then, we took a sneak attack and fell hard. It was enough to extremely weaken us.

Wolfrun: Now you're ready to give up?

Me: N...no! I....I'm not giving up!

Wolfrun: Hmmm. How come? What's the point in protecting this cruel world?

Me: Because....there are so many amazing things in this world. Yes there is sorrow and misery, but there is also love and happiness! Being upset is just part of life and it's okay to be upset at times. But at the same time, we can't let happiness completely fly away from us. We need to smile to the future to find true happiness. That's what it means to be happy!

Wolfrun: Love? Happiness? What a joke!

Me: Don't you dare make fun of love like that! Love is one of the strongest forces on Earth! It gives us a strength like no other! LOVE IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS IN THE WORLD!

Wolfrun: Blah, blah, blah. How tired I am of hearing that dumb speech. Luckily, I won't have to anymore! Finish them off for good, Akanbe!

The Akanbe began approaching us, attending to blast us with one final blow to finish us off. I tried getting back up, but I couldn't get up. It was like I was glued to the ground. At that point, I had figured it was all over....until....

TO BE CONTINUED