Chapter 4~ Time to Shine

POV: Toyoshima Hidekazu
For the next few days, we all prepared for the fashion show in a few days. Miyuki has talked to the teacher about having a band for the fashion show. Luckily, she agreed and I was very happy.

Me: This means so much to me....thank you, Hoshizora-san.

Miyuki: No problem! That makes you Ultra Happy right?

Me: Y...yes!

I loved that catchphrase. No matter how many times I heard it. I've heard it so many times and I've never gotten bored of it. Miyuki explained to me that we were doing a fairytale theme for the fashion show and that we were going to dress up as our favorite fairytale characters. I was honestly never into fairytales for all my life, but I was willing to do it for Miyuki. Since I wasn't sure who I wanted to be, I let Miyuki pick my character.

Miyuki: I know! How about Peter Pan? I think you would look amazing as him!

Me: Peter Pan huh? Okay, that works.

Miyuki: Yay! He's one of my favorite characters ever!

Me: Who are you going to be, Hoshizora-san?

Miyuki: I'm going to dress as the main character from my all time favorite fairytale, Cinderella!

Cinderella? I've heard it before. I wasn't really into that story, but Miyuki as Cinderella? That's something else entirely. Time seemed to fly by as we prepared for the festival, cause before I knew it, the day of the festival had finally arrived. I was nervous, but also excited. I knew that I couldn't make a fool of myself in front of everyone and especially Miyuki.

The whole class dressed in our costumes and hurried to the auditorium. I looked ridiculous in my Peter Pan costume, but I'll gladly wear it for Miyuki. Speaking of Miyuki, I haven't seen her since school ended. I didn't think much of it though. Me and my band stepped onto the stage with the other students following behind. I gripped my guitar close as I began playing.

One by one, the students walked onto showing off their costumes. Right away, I see Miyuki's friends appear. Akane as an Arabian Princess, Yayoi as Little Red Riding Hood, Nao as Alice in Wonderland and Reika as Princess Kaguya. I still couldn't see Miyuki. Where could she be? As I looked to my left, I suddenly saw a set of pink drills hiding behind the curtains. There was no doubt, that was Miyuki. She looked very timid, just as she had on her first day of school.

I made eye contact with her and gave her a reassuring smile. Her friends also appeared and cheered her on. Her face lights up and smiles happily. She walks onto the stage with full confidence. I stare in awe at her beautiful Cinderella costume. She was wearing a beautiful pink dress with light pink ribbons replacing her usual yellow ribbons. I couldn't help but blush a little.

She slowly approached me and stands next to me. I try to contain myself from blushing too much or else everyone will see it. I keep my composure and smile with her. The show carried on, until at last, we huddled together and gave a big bow.

After the show was over, it was time to go home as the culture festival was over

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After the show was over, it was time to go home as the culture festival was over. Before I did though, Miyuki approached me.

Miyuki: Toyoshima-kun! That was so much fun!

Me: Yeah!

Miyuki: I am so Ultra Happy!

Me: Y..yeah! Me too! I had a lot of fun with you, Hoshizora-san!

Miyuki: You can just call me Miyuki! We're friends aren't we?

I couldn't believe what I just heard! She actually asked me to call her by her first name! Could this mean....she likes me?

Me: Oh...okay...sure

Miyuki: I should get home now! I've got that test to study for! See you tomorrow!

Me: Okay! Bye....Miyuki!

I felt my heartbeat from saying her name. I need to get home. I finally make it home. I take off my Peter Pan costume and put on some casual clothes. I lay across my bed in exhaustion. What a day this was! Me and Miyuki are finally becoming closer! It's just what my friends said. We're now friends! And maybe, we could be something more.