Chapter 23

Sunday, September 21st - 2:00 PM

Jihoon cringed at himself as he remembered his appearance at Y/N's house, he drank so much and came to disturb her. Letting out a sigh, he entered the cab and let the driver take him to Y/N's house. He wondered if he should call her, or just wait until he makes peace with Jimin. He was so embarrassed about his attitude that he didn't even know how to stay rational any more.

Once he had arrived at Y/N's house, he saw his car staying parked in the very same position as last night. Jihoon decided he'd text Y/N about him taking his car and to apologize to her for yesterday's disturbance. He opened his car and sat in the driver's seat, feeling slightly nervous as he pulled out his phone from his pocket.

"Hi Y/N, I'm so sorry about last night! I wanted to apologize to you in person, but I don't think you'd like to see me. That's why I didn't want to bother you, just know I'm getting my car back. I promise I'll resolve things with Jimin and approach you again... I'm really sorry about yesterday..."

Jihoon sent her the message and hoped for her to reply to it, but even after the message was labelled as 'seen', there was no reply from her. Placing his phone back into the pocket of his black leather pants, he grabbed the steering wheel and drove back to his house. As he listened to the sad song that Y/N's aunt played on his CD, he thought about how much Y/N mattered to him and decided that he'd make peace with Jimin exactly that day. Of course, wether he completes his task or not doesn't only depend on him, he needs Jimin to cooperate with him.

Jihoon stood in front of Jimin's door, his hands and legs both shaking as he took a deep breath before knocking on it two times. "Who is it?" Jimin asked, but Jihoon stayed quiet, he was too scared. Even though Jimin already knew everything that he's done to him, he still felt frightened to know the reaction to his apology. "Who is it!?!" Jimin repeated, sounding more frustrated this time and the volume of his voice slightly increasing. Jihoon twisted the silver knob of his door and picked inside, only to see Jimin sitting at his desk, fixing whatever he typed incorrectly for his and Y/N's text. Jimin turned his head towards him uninterestedly and stood up. "Come in..." Jihoon was left a bit surprised since he hasn't been in Jimin's room for somewhat of eight years.

"H-Hyung, I um..." Jihoon looked down, not knowing how to start. Compared to Jimin, he was a thousand times better at expressing his feelings, but at that moment, he felt as if Jimin could've done way better. "I didn't mean to be like that to you! I genuinely want people to value both of us equally, but I now know that I'm way greedier than what people have been describing me. Because of my selfishness, I decided to give up on trying to keep balance between us..."

"You are doing well with the apology, but there never was balance between us." Jimin teased him, he wanted Jihoon to try harder, he wanted a solution from him. He wanted to hear how's Jihoon planning to make sure there is that balance between them and that they both 'fight' for Y/N's heart in a frank way.

"Okay, I should've phrased that differently... I meant that there was balance in our relationship, we did avoid each other but we've never tried to rim each other's image. However, I broke that parity by accusing you of pressing the alarm button and by asking Yoongi and Taehyung to hurt you. I'm so sorry Jimin... can't we treat each other well?" Jimin walked up to Jihoon, cutting the four-meter distance that there was from the bed and the door.

"If you want to make peace, let go of Y/N..." Jihoon's jaw dropped at Jimin's request and he gulped, there was only one thing he thought about during that moment - Jihoon is good at expressing his feelings, but Jimin is good at using words, he's good at being confusing and he is logical. He was wondering if Jimin was testing him, he didn't know what exactly Jimin was testing him for, but he decided that being honest would be the best in such a situation.

"No." Jimin smirked as he nodded, that's exactly what he wanted to hear. Jihoon was right, Jimin wanted him to prove his honesty. "I wouldn't be able to let go of her, at least knowing that I still hold a chance."

"But that chance depends on me," he whispered leaning closer to Jihoon's face with a dark and creepy expression. As Jihoon started back at Jimin, trying to keep a serious face, he felt goosebumps covering his skin when he saw Jimin's disturbing look, especially because it felt like a mirror. It felt as if Jimin was a mirror of Jihoon's face as he stared at Jimin back then when he pressed the alarm button, hoping for him to screw up.

Jimin on the other hand really enjoyed playing and tricking Jihoon psychologically, he just did it to get back at the younger male before him. Jihoon thought that he wore a serious look upon his face, and whether or not that was true it was an unknown thing to Jimin since he could see right through him. The pitch-black haired guy decided to tease his twin for a little more since he didn't want any extreme revenge, just amusement. "Get out, I still need to finish the work from before. I'll need some time to accept your apology, in the meantime, treat me well!" the older brother gave the younger one a mocking smile before walking back to his desk and continuing his previous work.

Jihoon plopped himself on his bed, feeling tired and heavy from all the recent inconveniences. With hope, he fell asleep even though it was only four PM, but who could blame him after staying up till three AM last night? Even after talking to Y/N, he returned home and drank with his friends till late.

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜