Chapter 24

Monday, September 22nd - After School

Side by side, the guy wearing a black hoodie, just like any other day of his life and the lively girl walked down the street excitedly, making their way to the mall. Both feeling the enthusiasm rush through their veins for Y/N's uncle's wedding that would be the Saturday of that week. They were in search of clothing that would make them stand out that day, of course not more than the fortunate couple, and for a gift that they could wholeheartedly hand them. "What should we buy first? The gift or the clothes?"

"Hmm... let's go for the gift first! Have you got any ideas as to what we could buy for them?" Jimin asked, tearing his gaze from his front and shifting it towards Y/N. She shook her head, if there was one thing she hated, it was definitely when she didn't know what to buy for someone's birthday, or in this case, a wedding. Both of their minds were clouded with thoughts as they slowly got closer and closer to the mall, up until the point where they found themselves standing in front of the huge building. The gigantic glass doors before them slipping apart, allowing them to step inside.

"Oh!" Jimin looked at Y/N confusedly before he checked the same way she was looking at; a Gucci shop, "My aunt really likes this brand, but she can't afford it... should we get them matching wallets? Or maybe keychains?" she looked at him, wanting to know his opinion; she thought the idea could be trivial.

"Okay, let's do it!" a grin stretched over his face as he grabbed her hand and walked into the familiar store. They picked what people would call a 'classical' Gucci wallet with red and green stripes in the centre of it and a beige background with the 'gg' symbol all over it. It was pretty expensive, but luckily they were able to split the amount in half, Y/N had brought 570,000 won and Jimin had jus brought his credit card (the man's rich, you know...). The price of the wallets was 974,700 won (approximately 860$), so Jimin paid with his credit card and Y/N handed him 487,350 (that's how much one of the wallets costs) won in cash.

"Well, dang! That was expensive... it's over than half of the money I brought with me..." she hissed and he looked at her curiously before asking,

"Where did you get the money though... did you rob a bank?" she glared at him and huffed, she knew it was a joke, in fact, she cracked a laugh when she saw his fake-arrogant expression.

"Well, you know it's all my allowance throughout the years... ever since I was five, my dad told me to save up money, so when I turn 18/19 I can buy something nice for myself." he eyed her with a disappointed look, making a frown appear on her face in confusion.

"You aren't spending them yourself..." she laughed at Jimin's words and shook her head,

"I'm going to since we still need some clothes. I want to buy a full outfit, dress, shoes and a jacket since it's getting cooler and cooler outside. Today, I'm planning to buy good quality stuff, maybe even better than H&M!" he laughed at her last sentence and as they walked around to look for a shop, Y/N's eyes landed on a familiar store. A longing and sorrowful sentiment stabbed Y/N deeply in her chest as she thought about all her memories about the forgotten shop.

"Can we go in there? My dad always bought suits from there when I was young, but since he doesn't need them anymore, he hasn't visited in years. I wonder if the lady from there will remember me..." for some reason, those words got to Jimin, a tender and affectionate expression spreading over his face.

'Ding dong'

The bell rang as the guy and girl looked at the lady that stood at the cash desk. Her hair grey hair tied in a bun and her glasses placed firmly on her nose as she pressed the buttons of a calculator to calculate the bills. The woman in her mid-fifties looked up, only to meet Y/N's familiar smiling face, a yearning feeling filling up the old woman's heart. "Y/N..." she whispered and after she confirmed the woman's words with a nod the woman spoke louder, "Y/N! It's been six years!" Y/N runs up to the lady and hugs her as Jimin watched, feeling pleased with the sight before him. "How's your father? It's been so long, you were twelve the last time the two of you were here!"

"He's well, Ms. Han!" she said as she let go of the lady, so she could look at her face, there wasn't much difference except the fact that her hair turned completely grey and her face had more wrinkles. Ms. Han lifted her gaze to look up at the boy who's warmly watching them and raised a brow,

"Who is this handsome young man? Why are you two here?" she peered at Jimin confusedly as he stepped up and introduced himself.

"My name's Park Jimin, ma'am! I'm just someone who's trying to win Y/N's heart," he admitted with a faint blush layering over his puffy cheeks. The lady gaped at the boy that was politely bowing in front of her as Y/N stared at him with a soft, mild smile.

"What do you mean by win her heart? You guys aren't dating?" she asked looking between them, feeling distressed since she thought the match was a bingo.

"We aren't dating yet! As I said, I am determined to win her heart." he reminded the lady about his intentions and she gave him a good-luck smile.

"We are here because my uncle is getting married, so we'd both like to buy some clothes." Ms. Han smiled excitedly and disappeared into the staff room before returning within five minutes. She held two big transparent plastic bags that contained the clothes that she'd thought would be good for us.

"Go ahead and try them on! See if you guys like them." she snickered, they both felt a hidden sneaky-feeling in her tone as if she's planned out something. Once they both changed they could see why was that...

Almost at the same time, they came out of the changing rooms and when they met each other's gaze, they slightly got startled to see their matching outfits. A red strapless dress wrapped Y/N's body as an elegant, black leather jacket draped over her shoulders. Her legs warmed by skin colour tights and a pair of black boots. Meanwhile, Jimin wore a red, tight suit that showed off his well-sculptured body. There was a black corset on his waist that blended well with his also black buttoned-up shirt. His jacket of the very same red as Y/N's beautiful dress and a tie around his neck; both of them looking like a really luxurious pair.

"You two look stunning!" Ms. Han clapped her hands excitedly, the both of you looking at each other as a thick layer of blush spread over their cheeks. "It's a must! I won't let you come out of here without it! Do you know Y/N? Because it's you who's buying my favourite matching outfits, I'll give you a 40% off? Is that a good deal?" they both nodded, Ms. Han's words have persuaded them. "One of the outfits costs 80,500 won, so it'll be a total of 161,000 won (approximately 142$)," Jimin paid with his card once again and Y/N gave her sum to him in cash as the lady looks at them weirdly.

"Oh, well we decided that everyone pays half of whatever we buy. Jimin offered to pay as always, but I feel uncomfortable letting him pay all the time, he's not a bank..." he smiled kindly at the lady as he grabbed the bags in his hands,

"Well, hopefully, we'll come back here, it was a pleasure to meet you, ma'am!" Jimin bowed and demonstrated his perfect teeth by giving her his beautiful eye-smile.

"You better come back and buy your wedding clothes here! Do not come back unless you two are getting married!" they laughed as Y/N gave her one last hug.

"Bye Ms. Han!"

"Bye Y/N and Jimin!" Y/N went out first while Jimin was held back by Ms. Han, "I'm up for you! You have to win her heart!" he nodded again, all this time his smile widely stretching his cheeks.

"Are you coming Jimin?!?" she said peeking into the shop again and he quickly ran up to her before they both waved at the lady one last time.

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜