level one

'It's a five minute walk', my mom scoffs, placing both her hands on her hips while eying me 'it's good for your health also.'

I sigh looking down for a moment then back up at her soft eyes.

'Alright.'

Her eyes lit up.

'Here take this', she hands me a small paper 'and buy something for yourself as well.'

'Thanks.'

My back was now turned towards her, I quickly made my way upstairs while heading right to my room.

Once inside I changed out of my sweatpants into a white tennis skirt, I didn't have the energy to take of my hoodie anymore. My hair was a wavy mess, at least my curtain bangs still
looked cute. While grabbing my keys and some cash, I made my way downstairs again.

Before I knew it I was standing outside, the store was almost closing so I had to be fast. It was pretty quiet in the streets, the only sound were my steps. I plugged in my airpods, bouncing a little with the beat. The weather was perfect and I watched the sunset. I guess going outside wasn't that bad of an idea.

My mother was making a cake for my little brother's forth birthday. Ofcourse there was no flower any more and she asked me to go to the store. Normally I never even went outside, after coming home from school.

My town is pretty boring, a few of my good friends live here but there isn't much to do. Also people really enjoy all types of rumors here, like for example when we first moved here almost then years ago now, there were many rumors about my dad being in the maffia as we had bought one of the most expensive houses in town.

When he started working in the clinic here as a surgeon, those rumors disappeared immediately.

I gulped down the cool liquid.

It was dark outside, almost no people and a few cars passing me. I walked quietly through my neighbourhood, my music now a little less loud.

Suddenly I felt a presence behind me making me almost jump in fear. I turned down the volume of my music, grabbing my phone to call the police immediately if anything happens. I knew someone was walking behind me not so far away, it scared me to the bone. My nails dug into the skin of my palm out of anxiety. It was probably just another pedestrian but I couldn't help but feel weird about this person.

The footsteps became a little louder wich meant the person was getting a little closer. Now I actually started stressing, suddenly I didn't know what to do or how to act but calling the police for something this small was stupid.

Suddenly I became aware of the footsteos behind me, wich were no longer behind me but besides me. I came eye to eye with an older man with brown eyes and a stupid smirk plastered across his face. Now I was actually about to call the police, or scream as loud as I could, I didn't know what to do.

'Hi pretty girl.'

I ignored him, looking in front of me and fastening my steps.

'What are you doing here so late ?'

The man a few meters away from
me kept talking. I was still ignoring him, but then he started walking even closer to me. I snapped my head towards him, my eyebrows frowned and an angry expression was written on my face.

'I swear to got if you come any near', I spoke angrily 'I will call the police.'

He started laughing, obviously drunk.

'Yeah sure.'

Before I knew it he had grabbed my phone out of my hands, smashing it onto the ground as hard as he could. It was destroyed, I looked down at it, stopping in my tracks with my eyes tearing up. My only solution was now gone. I was scared of what this man was planning.

Then he came even closer while I kept walking away.

'Come here baby.'

I was about to make it for a run when suddenly I heard another voice behind me, I turned my back facing the most scary looking man I had ever occured. He was very tall, slim build yet very masculine and a well defined body. He was wearing black converse, black sweatpans, a black hoodie wich covered most of his face. He wasn't looking at us, he looked slightly down so we could bearly see his face.

It didn't seem like he had any bad intentions.

Or he just hid them very well.

'Get the fuck away from her.'

His voice was deep and husky, screaming power and fear at the same time.

The old man laughed.

'Come on man, look at her' he was now speaking to him 'i don't mind sharing.'

'Do I look like I'm joking?'

Suddenly he looked up, from under the cap of his hoodie so that we could see his entire face. His beautiful blue eyes caught my eye, I had never seen such eyes. I could drown in them. His hair was black and messy parted in the middle, he had plump lips and a very well defined jawline. There, above his jawline, across his cheeck there was line. A scar glowing under the moonlight. I stared at his angelic face filled with anger. The most scary thing was seeing his facial expression as if he was about to kill the man behind me. I turned my head to look at the pervert, and my face fell.

He looked as if he could shit himself any moment.

'I- I'm sorry' he took a step back 'I didn't r-realise who you were', he started walking back from where we had came from 'I'm sorry I'll leave.'

My mouth mentally fell open at how scared he looked. Somehow I wasn't scared of this person, I felt secured and almost safe with this stranger. Maybe it was because of how beautiful he was yet so dark and dangerous looking.

Slowly I turned my head back at him, I was holding my broken phone, my can and the baking flower in my hands so he didn't notice how hard they were shivering. He raised an eyebrow looking down at me, he was very tall with a beautiful build body.

'So no thank you ?'

With his scary yet beautiful face, I couldn't tell if he was joking or actually serious. I also was questioning myself and why I was still here standing in front of this beautiful man. A man that could kill yet love so tenderly with his breathtaking eyes. Even though this man looked like he didn't know what love was.

I stumbled back a little, more nervous then ever.

'T-thank you.'

He didn't speak again, not even a nod or a change in expression. He turned his back to me, the cap of his hoodie now covering his hair and face again. I stood there a few seconds, taking everything in then I turned around as well and went into the direction of my house where my everyday life was waiting for me.

His footsteps were no longer heard, and just like that we went our own ways.

A nice way to end the summer.