6❤️ Her Confession

Mirunalini's pov

He's proposing you my inner voice screamed. My heart yelled," Say yes" but my mind told the opposite. I thought he never had feelings for me.

The second he completed his words, few traitor tears left my eyes.

I didn't want him to see it, I abruptly turned my head towards the sea. I could feel his gaze still on me, I didn't dare to turn to his side. I can't face his mesmerising black orbs which is expecting an answer.

After few minutes which felt like hours, my made my heart a rock and turned my gaze to his side.

His eyes, it had a lot of emotions, spoke a million words that he didn't. My heart screamed," you still have time. Say yes and start your life new" but my mind said," that can happen only at the cost of many people's happiness, do you really want him to suffer ?" I said a big no to my mind.

I lowered my gaze and started," I never had any feelings for you... Sid. I thought that you're a good friend but... You marry a girl whose equivalent to your family status *hiccup* please leave me Sid".

My heart broke into million pieces, but still those pieces said "I love Siddharth". I wasn't able to speak anymore, I was at the verge of breaking.

Yes, all my words were lies but I can lie even more if it'll give my Quokka happiness.

I didn't have the guts to look into his eyes anymore. If I do, I'll confess my feelings.

I immediately stood up and said," thanks for everything sid, sorry and all the best for your future Sid"

I started walking in the opposite direction, I could hear him shouting," Mirunalni, please stop". How badly do I wanna turn back and say that I love him to the core.

After coming to a distance where he couldn't hear me anymore. I broke down. I couldn't control my tears anymore.

I sat in a bus stop and let my tears flow. "You missed him" said my heart.

I could feel people giving me wierd looks but I'm not in the state to care.

I soon reached my hostel, I went under the cold shower and cried.

He will move on in a few days. I want him to be happy throughout his life. I... I can live the rest of my life with his memories.

I opened my cupboard and the tuxedo he gave on that harrasment incident was inside.

I hugged it and lied on my bed. My tears started to roll again.

Siddharth's pov

Omg I feel immense pain on my heart. Her words are piercing my heart. Does she really don't have any feelings for me? Am the one who cheated in this friendship?

Why is she crying when she doesn't have any feelings for me? Is she hiding something?

I was trying to comprehend her words while she started walking away. I pleaded her to stop but she didn't pay any heed to me.

Few drops of tears left my eyes. I went to my car and drove to my mansion. My heart is paining so much.

There was her dupatta she left at my house six months back. I hugged it and lied on my bed. Tears resist to stop. I'm usually a strong man but this is breaking me.

I woke up to sun rays falling directly on my face. As soon as I woke up, everything that happened yesterday rushed to my mind, her tears, her words.

Wait! She won't come to the office anymore right. Then won't I be able to see her everyday?

Oh god I messed up everything. I shouldn't have confessed to her.