News Travels Fast

3rd Person POV
Oslo Castle
The feast for the return of the princes and princess is in full swing when a messenger from Kattegat entered the great hall looking to speak to the King.
"Your majesty there is a messenger from Kattegat who says he needs to speak to you urgently." one of the Harald's servants said to him. "I am in no mood for business, tonight is about family." Harald complained, "Tell him he can stay for the night, and I will deal with it in the morning."

The Next Morning
The royal family are sitting having breakfast when a servant tells King Harald that the messenger is requesting to speak to him again. "Ah I suppose I better get this over with. Send him in." Harald relented, "Barnebarn, please stay and observe, especially you Finn as you will one day rule the Kingdom of Norway."
"Gods can you imagine him in charge of a country!" Kol remarked to Rebekah under his breath to which she smirked at trying to hold in a giggle.
"Hello King Harald and family, I bring a message from the sons of Ragnar, King of Kattegat. Their father has been murdered by King Ælla of Northumbria and they desire revenge; they plan to gather the greatest army ever and hope that you will join them in their quest." the messenger stated. Harald mused the news over, "Well that is unfortunate, Ragnar was a good friend - however I'm not sure I wish to go to war with the Saxons over it, I have no quarrel with them. I will have to give it some thought."

Later That Day
In the castle grounds, the twins are happy to be away from everyone. "You've been quiet for most of the day darling, what are you thinking about?" Kol questioned Rebekah.
"I've been thinking about what the messenger said - there will be a war." She replied.
"Yes, and?" Kol quizzed.
"Finn and Elijah were trying to find a way for us to blend in without people questioning why there were so many deaths." Kol raised an eyebrow, starting to see where she was going with this. "On a battlefield there is plenty of blood loss and death. We could go and fight there and then -"
"- We would be able to feed without getting caught." Kol cut her off now on the same page as Rebekah. "Slight problem dear sister, Farfar* didn't seem to want to go and fight the Saxons."
"We could convince him like Elijah did to that man at the docks in England!" Rebekah suggested and Kol hummed in thought. "And even if he doesn't go we still could, besides I thought we didn't want to stay in one place to long in case Father finds us."
"Do you think our brothers will agree?" Kol questioned.
"I don't see why not - Father trained us all to fight, we need to find a way to disguise our eating habits and it's not exactly like we can lose!" She said with Kol nodding in agreement.
The twins went back indoors to find their brothers and tell them of the plan. The 3 older brothers were slightly skeptical although they were eventually convinced due to the huge advantage of being able to disguise their eating habits and Finn and Elijah wouldn't feel so bad about feeding off of people who were already dying and who were their enemy. The siblings went into the throne room to find their grandparents. "Farfar, we have a proposition for you." Finn started " we would like to go and fight on your behalf to avenge your friend's death in Northumbria" Elijah continued.
"Why on Midgard would you want to do that? You've never even met him!" Their grandfather exclaimed.
"Well, you're needed here, Father's AWOL and Finn isn't ready to rule a country." Kol listed with a snigger at the end.

Barnebarn = grandchildren
Farfar = grandfather